2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned my interior last week after moving house and finding bits of card/ cash/ coins/ crap down the seats and in doors...I have a little habit of cleaning the seat belts...so they dont wear down as my car is now 4 years old...so I plug them into the locking mechanism and clean them.
But...when we took another trip to ikea...I dropped the seats down (with the belts still "plugged in")..pushed a mirror, 2 bookcases and an office desk in and only realised it'd broke when giving a lift with people in the back.

It is basically stuck in the alcove and is not stuck out all the way...you can put the belt on but it really is a VERY tough struggle...and takes a while...and if there are 3 in the back it is virtually impossible!

Anyone know how to sort this problem out?
Stupid Michael...And after purchasing a leather gaitor to think I was almost completely 100% happy with my interior :(

ANY help much appreicated.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no help for this...I am giving lifts to Liverpool for a family doo...and cant see my nan being able to figure how to "plug her life belt on" :)

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nobody have a clue about this then?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Never heard of any similar problems, sorry.

Although it could be the pendulum mechanism has stuck a bit in the closed position, try banging the drum gently, it may free it. It works on a very simple centrifugal system to stop it from unwinding too fast, this may be stuck. Have you tried pulling them in and out to try to free it, the belt may also be twisted...... and just need freeing up a bit... :D Hope this helps a bit

Some pictures would help too :D

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts