2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat belt buckle is making marks/dents on my trim (centre pillar) when I take it off and it swings back!

Anyone know of any rubber mouldings I can put over the buckle or just something to stop the belt swinging back so violently! lol

Thanks

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
i am also curious about this, or what is the best way to remove the marks? if any

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Hi guys, I had this too so I come up with a idea that's worked perfectly. I bought some black cloth used to cover subwoofer boxes from halfords cut a peice about 12 inches long and as wide as centre pillar and stuck it with carpet tape, it's Been on car for two years and has not come off. Hope this helps, JT

·
Registered
283 Posts
annoying as well, because the passenger ones rattle against the same plastic when no-one in the passenger seat in a three door because they catch on the seat release catch which holds them sideways in the gap between the seat and door pillar. I normally have to get out and re-position it to stop it rattling.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I always have them hooked over the upper wing on the R seats, never let them go back there to rattle or dent. A good option are bmw style seatbelt grabbers that clip on uner the head restraint. There were some up a few days back in the for sale section, they dont cost much. Best option I would have thought...

·
Premium Member
975 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Yep, I purchased a pair of BMW seat belt holders from one of the guys on here.
2 + years ago, they were about £24 for the pair from a BMW Dealership.
Don't know how much now though.
They certainly do the job and look O.K.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys guys. Like you mentioned I do I try to keep the belts on the shoulders of the seat when I get out but when i'm rushing sometimes I just forget and ends up leaving an even bigger scuff on the trim! :)

Been looking at belt retenion clips but don't think that would work.

The fitting of the black cloth from halfords might be worth trying?

No chance of them BMW grabbers fitting a recaro seat? :D

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Try my Patented trick.
1. Use some kids felt tip pens to get the colour match correct- as they will wash off.
2. Get yourself some black and two shades of grey permanent felt tip marker pens.
3. Apply to the scratches, mixing the pens as required.
4. Using your thumb, work the colours in, re applying as needed to get a good colour match and buff any excess off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quite the artist? :D

I could give that a go, i'll pop up my sisters now and snatch them off my nephew lol.

Sounds like a good idea though, might try it later this afternoon.

Nice one!

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I say try this - welcome | sugru | Hack Things Better
Mould some black neatly around the edges of the buckle and hey presto - rubberised buckle edges that won't scratch anything :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Easy option is to press the button with your left hand and feed the belt back into its resting position also using your left hand. No money spent just 3 sec more getting out the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sugru website looks pretty tidy! lol. Can use that stuff for anything! So many ideas to try.. Wish I had the patience and memory to do it everytime ivtec :p

Pabby, on another note.. Would you recommend the K&N Apollo induction kit? Any performance gain? And what's it sound like?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Yeah, its a good bit of kit. Gains aren't much on it's own to be honest but in combination with my hondata ecu and the miltek its given about 25bhp and sounds like an angry lion :D I've only heard it with the Miltek fitted so I can't tell you what they sound like individually. If I drive calmly its not too noisy, if I put my foot down it will get peoples attention and when I hit the vtec all hell breaks loose. Love it :)
The Gruppe M option carries a much hevtier price tag :roll:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great solution, will take a look at doing it myslef. In the meantime I also find Jones shoe polish applicator works well, it gives a fairly mat finish so blends in but needs to be done 3 or 4 times a year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts