2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have just got myself a 2011 Civic Type S GT and I am very happy with it so far!

The main niggle I have is on the 3 door because the doors are so big the belt is quite far back. It means that when the belt retracts it has a tendency to catch on the plastic and mark.

I have temporarily fixed this by purchasing a seat belt pad which while looking a tad chavvy it does stop it from retracting so fast.

I was wondering what people solutions are to this problem and how people have covered the marks.

Many thanks

Dave.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I applied some black felt from a velcro system but minus the loop side of course
does it look messy?

I've been googling and found people doing allsorts:

- nothing, it happens
- clear or black tape
- black pollish to find marks
- felt pads (like yourself)

Not sure whether to mess or let it me, worried i could make it worse.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
You can buy seat belt grabbers from BMW that attach to the head rest and stop the belt retracting all the way. Only about £25, a few threads on here about them.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
+1 For the seatbelt holders. Fitted them in mine as I found it too awkward to keep reaching far back for the seatbelt.

Heres a pic:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. The belt holders look perfect to solve both problems with the scratching and reaching for the belt itself.

I know I won't get the few marks out that are already there but may try the autogym or some sort of polish to at least remove the white colour, maybe felt depending on results.

Is this seat belt holder this? - BMW Genuine Left + Right Headrest Seat Belt Holders Set on eBay!. Or is it something else? This one looks slightly different to stevey_p7's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+1 For the seatbelt holders. Fitted them in mine as I found it too awkward to keep reaching far back for the seatbelt.

Heres a pic:
I have just got myself a couple of the seatbelt holders. How did you get it to fit? It doesn't resize and is too narrow? Looks like it could easily flex if I gave it a good pull.

Thanks

Dave.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Doesn't that then strangle anyone trying to get in the back seat?

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
damn it!! doesnt work for the CTR
Annoying isn't it?! If anyone finds any solutions for the CTR please let me know. I'm only little and my seat is so far forward its really difficult getting the seat belt. Try to get the belt to catch on the side bolster of the seat but it decides to run away 9 times out of 10 :(.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doesn't that then strangle anyone trying to get in the back seat?
Yes it would! But its only a U shaped hook type thing so literally takes a second to undo. Normally its just me in the car so doesn't bother me but if you're using the back seats on a regular basis it may annoy.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Yes it would! But its only a U shaped hook type thing so literally takes a second to undo. Normally its just me in the car so doesn't bother me but if you're using the back seats on a regular basis it may annoy.
To be honest, due to the fact that the seat doesn't remember its position I try and get passengers to enter from the other side anyway.
Unless it's someone I don't like - then let the strangulation begin :evil2:

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Its niggles me too. Whilst you will learn to be careful yourself, you can't expect the same from passengers.
Was at the shops yesterday, went back to car, opened passenger door to ask gf what she wanted, she let the seat belt buckle fly back at full speed. Chipped the paint on the door sill.

:facepalm:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts