2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Seat belt scratches

6K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  daveredfern 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have just got myself a 2011 Civic Type S GT and I am very happy with it so far!

The main niggle I have is on the 3 door because the doors are so big the belt is quite far back. It means that when the belt retracts it has a tendency to catch on the plastic and mark.

I have temporarily fixed this by purchasing a seat belt pad which while looking a tad chavvy it does stop it from retracting so fast.

I was wondering what people solutions are to this problem and how people have covered the marks.

Many thanks

Dave.

#9 ·
You can buy seat belt grabbers from BMW that attach to the head rest and stop the belt retracting all the way. Only about £25, a few threads on here about them.

#10 ·
+1 For the seatbelt holders. Fitted them in mine as I found it too awkward to keep reaching far back for the seatbelt.

Heres a pic:

#13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. The belt holders look perfect to solve both problems with the scratching and reaching for the belt itself.

I know I won't get the few marks out that are already there but may try the autogym or some sort of polish to at least remove the white colour, maybe felt depending on results.

Is this seat belt holder this? - BMW Genuine Left + Right Headrest Seat Belt Holders Set on eBay!. Or is it something else? This one looks slightly different to stevey_p7's.

#20 ·
Its niggles me too. Whilst you will learn to be careful yourself, you can't expect the same from passengers.
Was at the shops yesterday, went back to car, opened passenger door to ask gf what she wanted, she let the seat belt buckle fly back at full speed. Chipped the paint on the door sill.

:facepalm:

#22 ·
No problem, glad you managed to get them to fit.

All I did was alter the width of the two metal bars that run from one hole to the other. Assuming they haven't been re-designed since I got mine thats all you have to do.

Just be wary of your mindless passengers yanking at the seatbelt as the U shaped hook has flew off on more than one occasion. They are worth it, saves me reaching back every time I put the belt on.

#23 ·
So.....Have you decided what to do about your scratches?
Cover them with felt/rubber or repair them?
You appear to be concentrating on prevention, which is fine of course.
BUT..Those scratches wont go away without a bit of work
I would get some sticky felt in black..I did mine with this, as I said earlier and it looked fine...OR
Try to rub them out with a Magic Sponge..This works too..but you have to be careful

#24 ·
A friend of mine removed the scratches with a headgun, if they are not to deep, very gentle warm up the area around the scratches, this will bring almost the original texture back.

I had big scratch on my door from my watch when reaching to seatbelt, all gone :D

You need to be very carefull ofcourse that you don't burn the plastic !!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.