2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im thinking of getting a type r to replace my cooper s and I was wondering if anyone has any problem with the height of the seat and the speed dial? why Im asking is because being me Im not that tall (5"7) and I was thinking it might be a problem with me and the way the speed dial is position.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
You can adjust the seat height. I'm 5ft 7 and I slot into the seat just fine.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
No problem at all.
There is no speed dial by the way.
Its a rev counter and the speedo is digital.
The seat and wheel adjusts so that you will not obscure the digital readout..despite your height:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! yeah I mean the digital speedo, as today when I was in a demo type r the steering wheel was blocking my view to the digital speedo and the seating seems to be low so I was worried about it. well I guess Ill just got to test the car more in the next few weeks. As I was rushing to my local dealer from a lunch break during work haha... :eek:

·
Registered
200 Posts
No problem at all.
There is no speed dial by the way.
Its a rev counter and the speedo is digital.
The seat and wheel adjusts so that you will not obscure the digital readout..despite your height:
erm.. why do you have a skoda keyring with your civic car key!? :hmpf:
haha :p

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I'm a short arse too and even with the seat at it's lowest, and the steering adjusted the top of the rev counter is still obscured by the steering wheel, but you get used to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a short arse too and even with the seat at it's lowest, and the steering adjusted the top of the rev counter is still obscured by the steering wheel, but you get used to it.
haha in that case i might trying bumping the seat higher :p time will tell when I take one for a test drive haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I have to say at 5'4 I have no problems at all. The ride height is just fine.
Just adjust the seat and the steering wheel and away you go!

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts