2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on another forum many months ago when I first puchased the car concerning the drivers chair being so bloody uncomfortable. When I first got the car it caused me sciatica due to the sides rubbing me. Now 13 months on it is still so uncomfortable to the point it gives me serious back pain. What other civics drivers seats are straight replacements for the type r ones. I have ordered a lumbar back supports to see if it will push me out off the seat a little and still hold me in. I must be odd shaped in the waist region. It just rubs me on both sides and irritates my sciatica. I am not over wieght before anybody comments lol.馃槃

Registered
Is it cloth or leather?

As the cloth ones seem to collapse, mine was uncomfortable to sit in after it had done 110k miles with the bolsters all flat. Whereas the leather interior I swapped it for has still retained it's shape and good to sit in.

Have a look below, can't say how many miles the leathers have done but they feel stiffer.

I believe the FN2 seats will bolt straight into bog standard Civics, might get airbag issues however but that might be a simple case of swapping the seatbelt buckles over.

Registered
I also find my fn2 seats some of the most comfortable I've sat in, unlike my other halfs CLC where my bum goes numb after an hour and back aches.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also find my fn2 seats some of the most comfortable I've sat in, unlike my other halfs CLC where my bum goes numb after an hour and back aches.
Wish I did, just dont understand, its the sides of the seats that irritate me. Their is just no give in them, then this translates down my nerve and makes it uncomfortable and my legs, hoping the lumbar helps a little, touch wood.

Super Moderator
I'm sure that a member has replaced them with the seats from a TypeS.
Same 3 door format but softer seats and they fold of course.

Registered
Type S interiors are rare. I've only seen one for sale in around 6 months of looking. Type R interiors seem more common second hand...

I'm semi close to just throwing away my worn cloth interior as no one wants them. You're welcome to have them if you want to experiment chopping up the driver's seat to make it more comfortable to sit in.

Registered
Wish I did, just dont understand, its the sides of the seats that irritate me. Their is just no give in them, then this translates down my nerve and makes it uncomfortable and my legs, hoping the lumbar helps a little, touch wood.
On Youtube you can find exercises for sciatica to speed up the healing process, but the nerve pain can take up to a year
or longer or more if someone on top of that had you infected with Covid19. (In my case last year and I wasn't able to drive the entire summerperiod)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, been doing the excercises, due to the sciatica I have lost feeling in 2 off my toes and weakness in my left leg. I have started running again which im happy about but I can tell my left leg does not operate as it should, its a very very slow recovery process. But the seat dosent help which started it off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was thinking if at all posdible to source a type s seat, is this a straight fit, then just pop a red/blk seat cover over it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have found this car seat on ebay, just wonder if this would fit.

Registered
I am mesmerising that what is aging on the driver's seat is the foam due to UV light etc. and wear and tear of the fabric from getting in and out of your car.
Statistics show that 70% percent of the time you drive alone.
So if you are looking for a less used or in better condition driver's seat you may have to think outside the box or perhaps outside the UK.
In Europe we steer left, in my case the right seat is (proven) less worn, so I have to look for a British passenger seat and you guys across the pond for a european one.
So my question is whether a swap is possible although the mechanism of the height adjustment etc. has to be implemented at the drivers place as well?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts