2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

This morning, went to get the girl out the back of the fn2 and ping, the cable that releases the seat on the handle on the side has snapped.

Can these be bought from honda? I can see where its snapped right on the end of the cable

I really need to get this sorted or the wife will be chewing my ear off about how the civic isn't child friendly!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just realised that the handle on the bottom facing the door does the same job so don't think I'll bother as it looks a right pain in the arse to change the cable anyway.

Why is there 2 levers for the same job? Ie tilt the seat and move it forward

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Tip: always get your rear passengers in/out of the passenger side then you don't have to fanny about resetting the drivers seat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tip: always get your rear passengers in/out of the passenger side then you don't have to fanny about resetting the drivers seat.
Yep lol, I always get the baby seat out through the passenger side for that very reason, that's probably why the cable snapped, it's had more hammer that side lol

·
more torque than the mrs
6,692 Posts
had this happen on my drivers seat a few years back the cable quote from honda was £23 and it looked an headache to fit a total strip down so I ended up getting the passenger and drivers seats out of a 26k civic for £40, ended up selling my originals for £40 ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cable change is relatively straight forward once the seat is out. It’s just then a case of lifting up the back seat cover, removing the old cable and fitting the new on along the same path and then holding it in place with a few small cable ties. I think mine took me 30 minutes all in including hoovering whilst the seat was out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cable change is relatively straight forward once the seat is out. It’s just then a case of lifting up the back seat cover, removing the old cable and fitting the new on along the same path and then holding it in place with a few small cable ties. I think mine took me 30 minutes all in including hoovering whilst the seat was out.
Cheers mate. I think I'll order it anyway then, seems daft not to have it working for 24 quid, I'll have plenty of time over Xmas to fit it lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts