2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've done a few thousand miles in my Type R and I can honestly say what a car!

There is one thing that really bothers me with it though :mad:

Why is it, whenever you slide the front seats forward, they never ever go back to the same place :rolleyes:

Has anyone else found this to be an issue as it drives me up the wall??

It would be great if Honda could find a solution for this annoying problem :(

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
You could try only letting rear seat passengers in via the passenger seat, so you don't need to adjust the driver's seat every time. ;)

I'm assuming the seat adjuster mechanism in the Type R is the same as the Type S - If you return the backrest to the upright position first, and then slide the seat back along the runners it does always stop in the same place, which luckily for me is the right distance for my legs. You do still need to adjust the backrest though :(

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
You could try only letting rear seat passengers in via the passenger seat, so you don't need to adjust the driver's seat every time. ;)

I'm assuming the seat adjuster mechanism in the Type R is the same as the Type S - If you return the backrest to the upright position first, and then slide the seat back along the runners it does always stop in the same place, which luckily for me is the right distance for my legs. You do still need to adjust the backrest though :(
I've found that if you return the seat that way it stops short. However if you slide the seat backwards on it's runners before returning the seat back to the upright posistion it goes further back. Either way you have to adjust the angle of the seat back as you say. :(

·
Banned
165 Posts
I just dont let anyone get in the back from the drivers side!!!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Its a real pain in the satanic verse , Honda cutting costs

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
its exactly the same in all hondas! even my 9 year old prelude does the same! i never let people in and out on the drivers side!

it woudnt be as bad if the backrest didnt automatically set in an almost verticle position! my passengers are always commenting on how upright the seats are then i have to tell them how to adjust it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
There seems to be two "preset" positions for the seat, first is where you slide seat back first, then raise backrest, it goes all the way back on the runners, the second is if you raise seat back first, then slide back on runners, it stops short....both of which are useless positions for me. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
My previous car was a Mazda MX-6, the strange thing was that the front passenger seat had a memory, but not the drivers seat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Still not solved? :( I'm would love to buy this car but I would like to use it as a daily driver and what i do every day at least twice is that i open my back door and put my laptop case there, when i reach my office open it and take my case, i don't want to put it next to me i want to put it behind me, its just a habit i know but im doing this for last 10 yeares in different types of cars so I'm really used to it.

In the type r it would be even better since i have to open only one door but the pain of moving my driving position is too big.

I have seen so many mods, tuning and tweaks for ufos and type r specially but nothing about the seats? Second pain is that there is no heating :( to which i got really used to as well in my current 8gen FK 5door :( i guess the heating can be solved by some workaround by some heated pads implemented in the seat but what about the closing, opening?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Possibly a record for thread revivial? ;):p:lol:

To answer your question, I believe if you operate the seat in a particular way it remembers - like if you slide it all the way back before raising the seat (or the other way around) but to be honest I've never found it to work and have just learned to reset my position each time!
Thankfully I don't have much need to access the back very often, but I can see how this would quickly become a pain if you did it every day.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I find this so annoying too, didn't the ep3 seats have memory? I'm not too sure.

Either way I just boot everyone out on the passenger side. :D

·
UKDM
779 Posts
I think theres a way of doing it too as sometimes I dont have to adjust the seat, think you slide back first then straighten.

At 6'4 I am all the way back and then one quick press of the recline and I am good

The ep3 had the same problem!

Put your laptop in the boot?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just hold the lever that you'd use to push the seat down, as you bring it back up and put it into position. Simples!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I can't people how much a problem this is for some people. It take all of a few seconds to readjust the seat in the civic. For the laptop issue. Can't you just slide the seat forward instead of folding the seat?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts