2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aplogies if this has been covered (I have used Search honest!) But....

The side of my drivers seat back, where the seatbelt lapstrap comes across, has started to wear due to rough stitching on the belt itself. I have taped this round to stop it getting any worse and the dealer has taken pics to send to Honda. My car is a year old and covered 7,500. Anyone else experienced the same?

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Np, but concerns about the durability of the seats have been expressed on here before.

Demand some new type r seats as replacement!

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Np, but concerns about the durability of the seats have been expressed on here before.

Demand some new type r seats as replacement!
Or even the S type seats ! they look nice too !

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
I was also thinking about that ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the problems of both driver and front passenger seat wear after 2 months. Like you pictures taken by dealer. New covers available after 2 weeks. When fitting the new covers the dealer made an absolute hash of fitting and the plastic seat backs. They virtually fell off during the drive home. Ensure that your dealer orders new fitting clips as once they are sprung to fit a new cover they are useless. After waiting a further 2 weeks the dealer had my car for 3 days to get it right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car is 1 year and 2 month old and covered 30000 miles. In september, after 17.500 miles Honda has replaced both front seats, but now I've again the same problem. I've called last week the Honda Customer Service, and I'm waiting to be contacted. I've asked that, this time, they replace both seats with TypeS or even leather because the quality of original seat is really poor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts