2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I noticed that the seatbelt warning sound goes off when the engine is starting up. This never happened before. It's only supposed to beep when I turn the ignition switch to the accessories power. Now it does it twice.

What could be the problem? Here's a video clip:

https://vimeo.com/156492634

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
It's beeping twice because the starter motor is switching the electrics off and on again.

It sounds like the starter motor is jamming.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Mine started out flickering just like yours ended up not being able to start the car battery was a cell down but as others said could be something else but battery is easiest to sort

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine started out flickering just like yours ended up not being able to start the car battery was a cell down but as others said could be something else but battery is easiest to sort

actually, early last year, the battery completely died because I didn't use the car for 5 months.. then I bought a battery charger to revive it. then my mechanic told me that it might have revived the battery, but one of the cells could be dead.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Got told once a battery dies it's never the same apparently? Don't know if that's true might be worth just biting the bullet and try a replacement

Reactions: outatime
1 - 9 of 9 Posts