2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
R-398
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous CTR the seatbelts whizzed back into place at a rapid pace. These ones just dont seem to move and Ive to coax them back into position.

Read somewhere (albeit the info was a good few years old) that honda do lifetime guarantee on the seatbelts. Think its an easy fix?

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Also my passenger one makes an awful noise, I end up having to reach over and pull it onto the seat to stop it, bang and clatters over every bump. I have thought about sticking some padding on the pillar trim where the seatbelt buckle touches the plastic

Mine are not exactly quick to retract either

·
R-398
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, if mine get twisted at all in my CTS, they don't retract. Gotta straighten them out first.
Do you have to wind yours out quite a way mate? I only reeled mine out enough that I thought would be the twisting point. I'm quite skinny so the belt never gets pulled so far with me but never considered the previous owner might have been a bit bulkier.

dougie175, previous CTR and this one both did that. Rarely have passengers so bugs my happiness when I forget to hook it over the seat after they get out. Not the easiest thing to sort when traveling along and I always forget when to fix when Ive stopped!

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Do you have to wind yours out quite a way mate? I only reeled mine out enough that I thought would be the twisting point. I'm quite skinny so the belt never gets pulled so far with me but never considered the previous owner might have been a bit bulkier.

dougie175, previous CTR and this one both did that. Rarely have passengers so bugs my happiness when I forget to hook it over the seat after they get out. Not the easiest thing to sort when traveling along and I always forget when to fix when Ive stopped!
Yeah it annoys the heck out of me, it annoys me even more when I have slipped it onto the seat and it drops off and starts whilst Im having a spirited drive.

Seems I am not the only one, someone must have a decent solution that doesn't interfere with the belt function but stops the rattle

·
R-398
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
With the type s at least it has a movable head rest and I'm sure someone used a seatbelt extend thing? Kind of like the type seen on bmw where it holds the belt out a little offering easier reach to the seatbelt. This was fastened onto the metal prongs of the head rest, sadly that option isn't viable with the type r seats.

Found it.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/8690-seat-belt-grabbers-merged.html

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
With the type s at least it has a movable head rest and I'm sure someone used a seatbelt extend thing? Kind of like the type seen on bmw where it holds the belt out a little offering easier reach to the seatbelt. This was fastened onto the metal prongs of the head rest, sadly that option isn't viable with the type r seats.

Found it.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/8690-seat-belt-grabbers-merged.html
Ah right yeah couldn't picture what you meant. I have a Type R seat on my drivers but type s for the passenger... don't ask. My type r seat is covered so its not completely noticeable, that's what im sticking too.

That would cure the noise problem, but would also make it a nightmare getting anyone in the back, however that isn't something I do often!

I can see you just unclip them, but its hard enough getting people to understand lifting the latch let alone explaining you have to remove the belt and re-clip it in again!

Im thinking a soft pad on the pillar trim will be discreet and stop the noise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts