2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a problem finding a perfect seating postion? If I lower the seat I can’t see the speedometer, lower the steering wheel then my knee is touching underneath when breaking, have seat higher sun visor blocks view when needed to be used

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same for me! I've got the seat as low as possible, which isn't that low due to the fuel tank being below you. But it means the steering wheel for me is partially blocking my speedo. Such a weird set up that I'm finding hard to get used to after trying different seating positions and steering wheel positions.

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
No problem here.

I've got the seat at max low. Then I adjusted the steering wheel accordingly so I can see all the dash.

Having the auto and not having to floor a clutch I do have the seat slightly further back, without issue.

The 8G was far worse at blocking either the speedo or the lower icons. I never did find a perfect steering wheel position.

·
Super Moderator
2,198 Posts
Unless there electric I've always found Honda seats to be in the middle of ideal seating position
Only Honda that I did get right was a old prelude that was 1 of my bosses company car I used now and then
I'm on my 3rd civic and had 2 accords over the years

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
My 9g is electric / heater so that might be why it's a touch higher. Got used to it over a few days... so it's probably about right. I had my 8g as LOW as it would go, hence it feels a bit different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We're new to the Civic, and also struggling to find that seating position which works. The idea of having a speedo higher is great - unless you can't see it!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I have no idea why you can't see it... for me, seat in lowest position, wheel simply adjusts so I can see it fine.

If I up the seat a bit, simple move the steering wheel up a bit.

I'm 5'11'' and wife is 5'4'' and we can both see fine.

Can you advise, what POSITION is the seat / wheel/

Is it the wheel doesn't go low enough? ... you should be seeing the speedo ABOVE the steering wheel....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts