2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really an 'interiors' section as such, but was wondering whether anyone has considered changing their seats for aftermarket seats, like Recaro/Bride/Cobra etc.

If so, does anyone know what would be involved - (from the electrics like weight sensor, seatbelt sensor, to things like airbags or anything like that.. I remember Angie mentioning something along those lines, in re: airbags)

How about rails etc?

Any advice appreciated..:D

Is it simply a case of straight swap - or is there more involved?

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
the russian fella with the turbo'd R did..he had blue recaro's in.
search the forum bud

·
Registered
248 Posts
Why on earth would you want to change the seats?? Unbelievably comfy for buckets and they're probably my favorite thing about the car!

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
IMO they arent full bucket seats- im quite a narrow build but i dont find the lower support that amazing...

but i think primarilly the reason to change might be to weight-save?
i dont know..

or maybe for something different.

they are comfortable..but decent recaro's are too.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
IMO they arent full bucket seats - I'm quite a narrow build but I dont find the lower support that amazing .......
As in "skinny-ass" Borat ? :D - we of more "robust" build, fit in quite nicely ! ...

For those who feel that there is improvement to be had, it's no big job to remove the seat cover, fit a little more upholstry where required, then refit the cover - and a lot cheaper than new seats ! ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts