2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I've been very fortunate to have gotten the Type-R as a company car and ever since i've been driving it for about a week, my neck has started aching when i sit in the seats. I've adjusted the seats countless number of times to get a comfortable position but nothing has worked. I don't slouch when i drive and i actually have the seat pretty upright at around 100-110 degrees

I've been driving Integras and Colts Ver.R which have recaros in them and i've never had an issue with those seats beforehand. It's gotten to the stage where my neck hurts sooo much that i've parked the type-r in the company garage and left it there and have taken out my bosses Colt Ver.R to see if it is the seat in the car or an isolated incident. it's more likely the car though as it pretty much happened on the day i picked it up.

Do you guys have any tips or possible solutions? I miss my type-r and it kills me that i can't drive it, but i rather be comfortable.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
some one told me he sold is t/r with in 3weeks .he could not get the seat right at all...he lost £1000' him and is wife could not drive it . come on how many of you having trouble with the seating,??????????

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Hi everyone

I've been very fortunate to have gotten the Type-R as a company car and ever since i've been driving it for about a week, my neck has started aching when i sit in the seats. I've adjusted the seats countless number of times to get a comfortable position but nothing has worked. I don't slouch when i drive and i actually have the seat pretty upright at around 100-110 degrees

Do you guys have any tips or possible solutions? I miss my type-r and it kills me that i can't drive it, but i rather be comfortable.

Cheers

like the others who have answered so far, I too do not have a Type R, so can't really answer your question I'm afraid :(

However, as a solution I'd like to be first to offer to swap your R seats for my gorgiously comfortable 5 door versions! :D

LOL - obviously only kidding, and I hope that an R owner will be along shortly to help out :D

To help them help you though, roughly how tall are you, do you have longer or shorter legs, and is your preferred seat high at lowest, middleish or highest?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe, i'm actually from australia so it ain't really feasible to swap seats anyway haha.

i'm roughly 5'9 or appox 175cm, seat is at lowest point in the car and it still feels pretty high, probably cause i sit so upright.

i'm considering getting some sort of support pillows or something just so i can drive it.

Cheers

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Have you ever had neck-issues, like an accident or so? I tested the Civic Type R once, and I must say the seats fit like a glove. I'm 1m77, 77kg, so "normal anatomy" so to say. :)
My sister in law drove an Integra Type R for years, but after her skiing accident she had to sell it because her neck was killing her after just a few miles. It was not the seat though, that had been fine till then. It was rather the hard suspension.
Your story just reminded me of that. A weak neck doesn't mix with a Type R I guess.

K.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I am the same height as you and have found no comfort issues with the seats in my CTR. Only complaint i have is that i prefer to sit fairly low in the car and the seat won't adjust quite low enough. Unusual to have neck related problems though, more usually the lower back is the source. I would try playing around with the seat/steering column positions, but i guess you already tried that.
Maybe a visit to the chiropractor?

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have never been that impressed with the seating position. I can't get totally comfortable and often have to 'squirm' in the seat to get settled. This can happen often on a long journey.
Best seats I ever had was my 51 plate Accord with electric seats. I could get the drivers seat millimeter perfect and adjusted when wearing different shoes and clothing.
Glad that it is just not me that is having difficulties!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i think the seats are spot on, i'm 6ft tall and think they're very comfy got to shoe horn my love handles in tho... :) and it takes me a while to get my seat right when its been pulled forward. has anybody got any wear on the seat where the seat belt lies? mine is starting to wear already only had it 4 months, would honda do anything about this or just say its wear and tear?

·
Registered
184 Posts
i think the seats are spot on, i'm 6ft tall and think they're very comfy got to shoe horn my love handles in tho... :) and it takes me a while to get my seat right when its been pulled forward. has anybody got any wear on the seat where the seat belt lies? mine is starting to wear already only had it 4 months, would honda do anything about this or just say its wear and tear?
I noticed mine starting to wear week one...hence this http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/8479-seat-worn-seatbelt.html

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I'm well over 6ft 3" and I've found my seats to be the most comfortable I've ever had, no issues at all. I've got similar worries about seat wea though and have been looking into some kind of cover, more for the base than the top, although I've not checked for seat belt wear for a while.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi everyone

I've been driving Integras and Colts Ver.R which have recaros in them and i've never had an issue with those seats beforehand. It's gotten to the stage where my neck hurts sooo much that i've parked the type-r in the company garage and left it there and have taken out my bosses Colt Ver.R to see if it is the seat in the car or an isolated incident. it's more likely the car though as it pretty much happened on the day i picked it up.

Cheers
type r for a company car you jammy *******!

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Hi everyone

Cheers
It may be the seats but it may also be the stiff ride of the car, can't really tell because I have a "normal" Civic 5door, on mine the seats are the last thing to complain about

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Anyone had to access the back?

Question for you all......has anyone else put the seat forward to look in or access the back?

I have noticed that everytime I do this my seat goes back but not to my driving position and I have to reset it all. I have to pull it forward as its as far back and it will go and sort the back as thats gone straight up again.

Its so annoying and it does it on the passangers side too! Right pain especially when you don't have time to muck about with the position

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Question for you all......has anyone else put the seat forward to look in or access the back?

I have noticed that everytime I do this my seat goes back but not to my driving position and I have to reset it all. I have to pull it forward as its as far back and it will go and sort the back as thats gone straight up again.

Its so annoying and it does it on the passangers side too! Right pain especially when you don't have time to muck about with the position
That doesn't happen in mine!

Maybe you should have gone for a 5 door like me! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
That doesn't happen in mine!

Maybe you should have gone for a 5 door like me! [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/QUOTE]

Eh no. Considering i've not had anyone in the back and don't really intend too a 5 door is pointless!

Anyone who actually owns a ctr this time care to comment?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Eh no. Considering i've not had anyone in the back and don't really intend too a 5 door is pointless!

Anyone who actually owns a ctr this time care to comment?
Don´t have a 3 door....but.... I have read other threads before confirming that it works like this.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts