2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

This was the second time I've cleaned my car in 4-5 weeks and I've found several more problems. I think I'll stop cleaning it from now on!

1) More chips along the side of the car
2) Front and rear splitters have gashes on them
3) There's some sort of white marks that need scratching off
4) I did the silly thing of leaving my music on but had the engine turned off and now my battery has died.
5) There's scratches inside the door handle bit.
6) I wanted to have it all nice for Japfest (If I get time off work to go) But with these problems it won't be as good as I wanted!

Time to go rallying in my civic so you don't see these horrible things!

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Hey!

This was the second time I've cleaned my car in 4-5 weeks and I've found several more problems. I think I'll stop cleaning it from now on!

1) More chips along the side of the car
2) Front and rear splitters have gashes on them
3) There's some sort of white marks that need scratching off
4) I did the silly thing of leaving my music on but had the engine turned off and now my battery has died.
5) There's scratches inside the door handle bit.
6) I wanted to have it all nice for Japfest (If I get time off work to go) But with these problems it won't be as good as I wanted!

Time to go rallying in my civic so you don't see these horrible things!
Why would you stop cleaning? Rallying :(

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
What a strange thread......
Only the second time in 4 to 5 weeks?
Scratching off scratches??
Gashes??
I think I'll stop cleaning it??
Youre going to go rallying in the Civic?
No wonder you have problems

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh, and the 'C' at the end of Civic has come off...
I've tried my hardest to clean and drive the car carefully to avoid all bumps and even parking I'm mindful of where I'm going into etc.

@Robbo;
I only drive on weekends so it's left on the carpark by herself. (3ish weeks ago she got a clean)
I gave the whitemarks a rub with a fingernail and they came off.
The gashes were there when I bought the car as I've certainly not done them! I would have gotten out my car to check if I even bumped something!
I'm not literally going to go rallying it her..

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
I still no see any particular reason to stop cleaning it.

All swirls and scratches where there before cleaning and didnt caused by that. Trust me when the car is clean you can see them easily bu no one isted of you notice them , they all seeing is a clean car.

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
The stop cleaning was clearly a joke.

I know exactly what you mean buddy, every time I wash mine I notice more chips from the road and scratches from where people have paid no attention.

The dirt helps us forget they are there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.