2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting find whilst checking over the Honda Connect FAQ ( http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-connect-faq/_jcr_content/headerPar/richtextcolumn_c731/par/richtextdownload_e49/file.res/Honda Connect_FAQ_Ver1.2.pdf )

It seems to have been updated (Or I've just not read it properly!) With the following, which has gone undocumented in the vehicle manual:

Even if it has been there for a while, I'm sure there are some of you that won't have heard of it yet.

Going to go and test it now, and I'll report back!

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tested and working.
Functions available are as in the image above; All radio types have the DAB functions (Scan / Preset / Seek) - Useful trick!

It does only work when the Audio app is open though, as per documentation - Wasn't expecting miracles here!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks very useful to know. There is a whole bunch of functions there. However the particular one referring to handsfree control does not work on mine (2012) but I notice that the diagrams refer to DAB radio which I believe was introduced in 2014 and mine does not have and therefore possibly only relevant to later models.

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
2012 won't be Honda Connect as reffered to here as that was introduced in 2015.

DAB came in 2013.

My 2013 has voice control but I never use it. Learnt my lesson with my 8G's. Tried to be clever changing the heating pattern but it changed the radio channel and frequency instead. Took ages to recover it manually as I was in fast moving traffic at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts