2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at all the various threads and have found pics of the 'Scoopin' cold air duct fitted to FN2's but can't find any of the Seeker duct as this is a different design with a long slim mouth.

I am interested in this type of set up as don't want the louder induction for motorway drives (as its a shared car with the girlfriend) but would like a more throaty sound when accelerating and want to keep a standard looking engine bay for insurance purposes.

I know R555 is looking at this setup so any pics installed and advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Dave

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I have been looking at all the various threads and have found pics of the 'Scoopin' cold air duct fitted to FN2's but can't find any of the Seeker duct as this is a different design with a long slim mouth.

I am interested in this type of set up as don't want the louder induction for motorway drives (as its a shared car with the girlfriend) but would like a more throaty sound when accelerating and want to keep a standard looking engine bay for insurance purposes.

I know R555 is looking at this setup so any pics installed and advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Dave
Talking to [email protected] I dont think anyone has gone down the Seeker route yet. I've had a search myself and I've not found any pictures of one fitted anywhere else in the world and the only picture I've seen is the one on James site.

Looking at the OEM filter housing, I believe the intake is on the bottom of the housing, so looking in the engine bay, even with the Seeker Duct fitted it wont be visible. As for sound the guys with Scoopin have said its identical to OEM, which I'd expect.

Do you want to see if we can get discount from James for ordering 2??

More Pictures -

This is what the Seeker website says about it:

Air duct for FN2 CIVIC TYPE-R EURO
It is the FN2 [shibitsuku] TYPE−R EURO private air duct. It is possible to suck the fresh air which is close to the air not to limit by the fact that it makes the design which directly adopts the air from the front bumper open part. Benefit to the engine power due to reducing intake air temperature of the largely is one most important parts. In addition the air inlet which is provided in the front bumper open part (the picture yellow dotted line) necessity give the opening area fully, it arranges to the possible limit upper part, normal with when it is height from the terrestrial surface to duct open part base guaranty above 25cm. Risk with street use was decreased substantially. Please designate the strongest air duct which pulls out the engine power of FN2 [shibitsuku] to the maximum by all means as the hand.

FN2 [shibitsuku] R EURO private item

Product contents
[eadakuto] private stay volt/bolt
1 sections and [rezoneta] of the genuine duct to remove, to incise 1 sections of transfer of facilities and the genuine lower panel of genuine horn installation.
* FRP make (black gel not yet paint item) * as for stay steel make

Note: This corporation air duct has become layout of efficiency concern. Usually, as for rainy weather travelling of level there is no problem, but, please stop travelling of a submergence kind of state where the mass water enters from the duct open part absolutely. It is connected to serious trouble such as engine damage and it is dangerous.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanks for the quick reply - of the three pics of ducts above is it the top one for the FN2 (with the car in the pic) as each one looks slightly different. Would also be interested to know how much work/cutting involved as the Scoopin did seem to require quite a lot of work.

As you had the HSK on your car how noisy was it on motorways when your weren't gunning it ??

·
Registered
890 Posts
Mate its all the same air duct its just pics from different angles. How much is the seeker 1? Tht scoopin wasn't tht bad you just have to take the bumper off. Really doubt the seeker one will be any different

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Wow thanks for the quick reply - of the three pics of ducts above is it the top one for the FN2 (with the car in the pic) as each one looks slightly different. Would also be interested to know how much work/cutting involved as the Scoopin did seem to require quite a lot of work.

As you had the HSK on your car how noisy was it on motorways when your weren't gunning it ??
The HKS RSK is not noisy on motorways when you are cruising. It is only loud when you plant your foot. If cruising it is no louder than OEM really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts