1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
still don't like it...

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Nicer to drive than the current one though, IMO. Much more similar to my wife's A3 than my current Civ.

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
I'm not so keen. Looks more mainstream (all about the lights for me! Among other things!) also, ad I can't put my finger on it, that rear picture makes it look very American... Don't know why...

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Don't like it one bit, that rear picture is top half Prius bottom half smart car

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Lol neither of which are appealing!!!
My point exactly, it seems to off been built for the kind of people that go to bingo once a week and take their teeth out to sleep IMO

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Got an ES diesel for a couple of days... Must say it is generally more refined with regard to reduced road noise and overall quality. The hard plastic for the arm rests, window controls lets it down is far as the flow into the dash layout but overall I'm happy with it.

BTW, the rear end is, as others have said, much better in the flesh, the car is definitely a Civic even minus the nice twin exhausts!

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
I like how there's now "Premium Audio System" embossed on the stereo, as to avoid confusion with the sub-par previous effort...

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Not to different to previous, I was thinking that they had moved brake & clutch master cylinders then realised it was LHD model :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am sure that all types of vehicles are being used as "care home transport" including the 8G Civic. After all its got a very versatile boot and back seat arrangement which can accomodate wheel chairs etc.
My 9G Civic has adorned my driveway for the past three weeks. It is comfortable and great to drive. It doesn't rattle the teeth anymore (all my own) and to me looks different to the thousands Foci and Golfs on the road. So, take a test drive and then judge.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Honda desperately wanted to attract younger buyers with the launch of the 8th Gen with acceptance they may alienate the 'older' driver typically associated with Civic's.... Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on your point of view), the old'ens liked it and bought it... and I guess are still the biggest % of owners.

The is an old boy round my way that can hardly walk and must be in his late 80's (or had a tough life) and drives an 07 EX... god knows how he get's on with all the bells and whistles.... may explain why he drives at 15mph... trying to work out what button to press lol

·
Jack Bauer is my God
274 Posts
I am glad you said that Bog because I was saying that to my other half only last week, how the Civic is just that little bit different to other cars (the 8/9 Gen Euro) and it attracts people, including myself, for just that reason.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It was always going to be difficult to match the 'wow' factor that the 8th gen gave when that was released. But having seen the pics and seen one in the flesh at Honda, there doesnt seem to be any 'wow' about this. It looks so ordinary and in my opinion, the 8th gen is a far better looking car. The dash and the ac contols etc in the centre could be straight out of any car on the road. You just couldnt say the same about the 8th gen. Obviously i cant comment on how the thing drives but to me, 'Prius' comes to mind from the outside and the space ship look of the 8th gen seems to have been toned down to a more ordinary look.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts