2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seibon OEM Style Carbon bonnet - Originally avaliable as a group buy we are now able to offer this price of £445 inc vat to Civinfo members as a long term offer :cool:

As you can see in the pics below it's a nice looking bit of kit and is finished in 'wet' carbon which gives a nice glossy look!

Seibon give the official weight of the bonnet at just 6.65 kilos

UK Delivery from direct from Seibon is £50.00 - There is no movement on this price with them as they package the bonnets in a huge box to avoid damage , it is also fully insured too.

Just £495 inc vat and Mainland UK delivery - Lead time on these is around 2 weeks!

Pictured below on my own car ..Any questions , fire away :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Great price!

I'll definatly be having one but unfortunatly I got Tax and insurance both due on the last day of this month so thats next months mods money disappeared already.

I'll contact you as and when I have the funds. :D

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I was wondering how the carbon bonnets are for stone chips?

I need to get my bonnet repaired and sprayed and after getting some quotes, I'm looking at all my options as it's really not that much price difference between getting a carbon bonnet or repaired/sprayed.

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had mine on now since late January and I do 110 miles on the motorway daily..mines still flawless..unlike my OEM bonnet..and up until recently my windscreen lol!:cool:

I need to get my bonnet repaired and sprayed and after getting some quotes, I'm looking at all my options as it's really not that much price difference between getting a carbon bonnet or repaired/sprayed.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Had mine on now since late January and I do 110 miles on the motorway daily..mines still flawless..unlike my OEM bonnet..and up until recently my windscreen lol!:cool:
I saw carolines bonnet over the weekend and there's not a mark on it, so looks like it holds up very well to chips. The quality of the carbon looked amazing too and once she cleaned it, the shine was lovely

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Please can i get lots more piccys? If you can get NHB ones that would be perfect!

I have a anti roll bar on at the minute and it rubs on the standard bonnet and the bonnet lining was taken off, is this any thicker than standard bonnet or is it a carbon copy (excuse the pun)

Did i see that fitting was included on the group buy thread, if so does that still stand (if car comes to you? ;-) )

Also, does it come with hinges etc attached?

Sorry for all the questions! Lol

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Please can i get lots more piccys? If you can get NHB ones that would be perfect!

I have a anti roll bar on at the minute and it rubs on the standard bonnet and the bonnet lining was taken off, is this any thicker than standard bonnet or is it a carbon copy (excuse the pun)

Did i see that fitting was included on the group buy thread, if so does that still stand (if car comes to you? ;-) )

Also, does it come with hinges etc attached?

Sorry for all the questions! Lol
Bump?

·
Premium Member
975 Posts

I'm in the same boat buddy, getting a dent removed next week but at nearly £300 to respray the bonnet I'm thinking a carbon one would be nice...

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I'm in the same boat buddy, getting a dent removed next week but at nearly £300 to respray the bonnet I'm thinking a carbon one would be nice...
£300 seems like an awful lot! If I was you I'd be tempted to go carbon as it'll chip again once painted. I had mine redone last year and its chipped now, my J's one which is in getting painted now will chip, its poor modern paint - needs more harmful plant killing chemicals added to make it tougher!

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
£300 seems like an awful lot! If I was you I'd be tempted to go carbon as it'll chip again once painted. I had mine redone last year and its chipped now, my J's one which is in getting painted now will chip, its poor modern paint - needs more harmful plant killing chemicals added to make it tougher!
+1 ! lol

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Yeah that's it David, I know it's just going to chip again which is why I'm thinking carbon. To be fair that spray quote came from honda so could probably get it cheaper if I knew where to go! They were talking about needing to blend it in to the wings etc....

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Is this bonnet a direct replacement, do you need anything else to fit it?

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Direct replacement ..took about 20 mins to fit if that ..and mine still looks good even after all the stick and miles I've put it through since I've had it!!
Is this bonnet a direct replacement, do you need anything else to fit it?

·
Registered
997 Posts
sumocazza, could you post some more photos? It seems to be a huge space between the bonnet and the fender.
Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is this offer still available?

Seibon OEM Style Carbon bonnet - Originally avaliable as a group buy we are now able to offer this price of £445 inc vat to Civinfo members as a long term offer :cool:

As you can see in the pics below it's a nice looking bit of kit and is finished in 'wet' carbon which gives a nice glossy look!

Seibon give the official weight of the bonnet at just 6.65 kilos

UK Delivery from direct from Seibon is £50.00 - There is no movement on this price with them as they package the bonnets in a huge box to avoid damage , it is also fully insured too.

Just £495 inc vat and Mainland UK delivery - Lead time on these is around 2 weeks!

Pictured below on my own car ..Any questions , fire away :D
Is this offer still available?
If yes , how much shipping to Malta please?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
does anyone know the weight of the original bonnet? and can anyone photoshop me a blueish silver civic with the carbon bonnet?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts