2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that if I unlock the car and don't get it it will lock again. But what happens if I unlock the car open the boot and then close it, does the car self lock or just stay unlocked?

(There is a reason for this, I've lost my keys but cant remember when, but the car was locked so if it fails to self lock after opening the boot it mean I must of had the keys to lock the car which will help my put a time on the loss)

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed that if I unlock the car and don't get it it will lock again. But what happens if I unlock the car open the boot and then close it, does the car self lock or just stay unlocked?

(There is a reason for this, I've lost my keys but cant remember when, but the car was locked so if it fails to self lock after opening the boot it mean I must of had the keys to lock the car which will help my put a time on the loss)
Thank you, I was 99% sure it did else you could lock your keys in quite easily.

That means I had my keys to lock the car.....if only I knew what I did next!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Dropped them on the way back into the house?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dropped them on the way back into the house?
Worse than that. I was at my companies Christmas party, went back to the car after to get my coat as it was raining and I had to walk to my hotel :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
The car remains unlocked if you open the boot. It doesn't automatically lock after you close it.
Unless the boot switch isn't working, in which case the system wouldn't know it had been opened and would lock again. Unlikely I know, but possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts