2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a used car sales man today and he said that I could probably get more than I paid for my Civic if I wanted to sell it. This is due to the long waiting times for delivery.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
I was talking to a used car sales man today and he said that I could probably get more than I paid for my Civic if I wanted to sell it. This is due to the long waiting times for delivery.
I've thought about doing this, and buying the next trim level up.

·
Registered
975 Posts
who was the salesman in question?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Long waiting times for delivery........?

I must be one of the lucky ones then, I spoke to a new car sales exec last week, we looked at what cars were being built in Swindon, I pick the colour I wanted with the spec I wanted and the car will hopefully be ready on or about the 4th August.

So, its literally off the production line onto a transporter, to the dealer then to me - all in the space of 2 weeks...........that's what I call service :)

B.

·
Registered
430 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
Really :?

I would get the salesman to do it for you and offer him 30% of the profit. I very much doubt what you have been told.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmm, I don't think that's true either! As I've been looking, I've not seen many private sales, but these have all been less than the selling price e.g. a cdti se galaxy grey 55 reg, 9k miles went for £13,250. I know a local Honda dealer who had a 55 reg cdti es with 9k miles which went for £15k. I think the key thing is the spec and colour which will determine how quick you would sell it.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
golly said:
Hmm, I don't think that's true either! As I've been looking, I've not seen many private sales, but these have all been less than the selling price e.g. a cdti se galaxy grey 55 reg, 9k miles went for £13,250. I know a local Honda dealer who had a 55 reg cdti es with 9k miles which went for £15k. I think the key thing is the spec and colour which will determine how quick you would sell it.
Sorry forgot to mention he did say on certain specs :oops:

·
您看了
456 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
Sorry forgot to mention he did say on certain specs :oops:
:lol:
yeah, and I bet if you approach him to help in the profit sale he will claim that, oh look at that, your car isnt one of the specs in question. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts