2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

should we have minimum post count for selling , if so what would you have as the min

• leave as it is

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 25 posts

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 50 posts

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • 100 posts

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to a for sale thread i was looking at earlier i had a little think !

the for sale post was the sellers first post on the forum which would definitely make me think twice on how genuine that would be :(

there is no minimum post count in place before a for sale thread can be posted , i think this is wrong ! many other forums require the op to have 50 , 100 or 150 posts before they can sell

anyone else have any views on this ?

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Totally agree. I wouldn't be too confident buying from a seller with 1 or 2 posts

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
Yes quite agree with you, lets set the mark at 50 posts before anyone can offer something up for sale. This may help deter flyboys and go someway in giving the buyer a bit of confidence in any possible purchase. Good idea rowbo.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
50 posts should be enough no matter where as long as they contribute in all sections

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I've joined forums before and then wanted to sell an item but had to wait a period of time rather than a number of posts - however with the options available I think 50 posts is sensible as it gives you the option to look at the seller's forum contributions and determine if they are reliable if their feedback is zero.

·
Grumpy Old Git ;)
366 Posts
I admin on a tech forum and we have a minimum post count of 150 before you can sell. We also do not allow PayPal gift, as you loose any potential protection with that option.

Sent from my mobile device using fingers and fumbs!

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
that is a good shout rowbo!

but...i was looking at a car for sale on here a few months back, the low post count by the seller did worry me a bit, although he was a registered member for more than a year iirc,

without being disrespectful to those that don't post a lot....i'd have to agree with this suggestion!!

buyers should always be aware of the pitfalls from buying off a internet forum, but saying that.....i think some members on here know who they can trust :)

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
I'm a mod on another Honda forum.

We have a rule where the seller has to have been registered for 60 days and have 50 posts before they can even create a thread in the For Sale or Wanted sections.

Any threads or posts outside of the For Sale or Wanted sections advertising something for sale or asking for something for sale from anyone not meeting that criteria, i.e. trying to circumvent the system, are edited and locked or posts deleted.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I think this is a good idea, I've seen a few sellers on this site that have just joined and then put a for sale thread up, which makes me think they have just joined in order to sell something for their benefit.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Much better to have a minimum number of days that a seller has been registered, if we had say a minimum of 50 posts before we could sell I could do that in a day or two.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
a 60 day min period is a good one.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Unfortunatly if are a member that does not comment on much it means you stuck with parts waiting to reach a post limit, which is what happened to me on another forum

Was very frustrating and did feel like an assumption of guilt towards me

1 - 20 of 52 Posts