2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to gauge people's opinions on this. I'm thinking of selling my 07 FN2 GT but not sure what price i should put this up for. I've had it for nearly two years now and have become abit bored with it due to the shocking state of the roads around here. I never really get to use the car how it was intended. The car has 53k with FHSH. What kind of price am i looking at for this? I have some basic mods too like FRSU with Eibachs and HKS RSK. :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around 6.5 to 7k i would keep it mate i did on mine not selling to loose **** lot of cash !

Richie
Thinking the same thing. Prices have really plummeted since last year. I'm going to put it out there to see what interest i get but don't need to give it away as it is a damn fine car.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Around 6.5 to 7k i would keep it mate i did on mine not selling to loose **** lot of cash !

Richie
I wouldn't even bother selling it for that, if you can afford to you should hold onto the car and sell it later when markets pick up.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Current market is distgusting

I'd keep dude.

Mod your car a bit, thats what i do whe n iget bored ;D love it!
Thanks for the replies. Mods so far are Eibachs with FRS and a HKS RSK. Next step will probably be KW's or a Flashpro though i'm leaning more towards KW's at the moment due to the better ride quality of these over stock. Custom spring rates with the Meister R Coilovers also seems to be a good idea.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Mods so far are Eibachs with FRS and a HKS RSK. Next step will probably be KW's or a Flashpro though i'm leaning more towards KW's at the moment due to the better ride quality of these over stock. Custom spring rates with the Meister R Coilovers also seems to be a good idea.
Hi mate,

If i could give you a word of advice from personal experience, once you get a flash pro & custom map it is literally like a new car.

I've had the Flash pro, racing manifold & custom map for 2 months or so now, and i literally still find myself grinning from ear to ear after every time i floor it..

I was in a similiar situation. I wanted to sell my car and get a Nissan 350z, i even test drove one and had it agreed, but i just couldn't find reason to lose out on so much money... especially when the fn2 is a lovely car, cheap to run and bulletproof.

So i opted for the mods :) and lived happily ever after!

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi mate,

If i could give you a word of advice from personal experience, once you get a flash pro & custom map it is literally like a new car.

I've had the Flash pro, racing manifold & custom map for 2 months or so now, and i literally still find myself grinning from ear to ear after every time i floor it..

I was in a similiar situation. I wanted to sell my car and get a Nissan 350z, i even test drove one and had it agreed, but i just couldn't find reason to lose out on so much money... especially when the fn2 is a lovely car, cheap to run and bulletproof.

So i opted for the mods :) and lived happily ever after!
This is the thing that swings it for me the most. I just don't believe any other hot hatch aside from a Type R is so reliable. I was tempted by a mk5 GTI but then went on their forum and discovered 'issues'. On that forum spending £200+ on a repair bill was common place. I like how the FN2 also feels like it's made of nuts and bolts mostly which means DIY's are easy enough.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
If you have the disposable income, then maybe you could live with the loss from selling at present. Otherwise putting on the sensible hat - keep your car and enjoy it. Perhaps attend a couple of long distance meets where you can possibly enjoy your car, as the good people at Honda intended. Perhaps a track day or two?

What about treating the old girl to new speakers and a headunit? definitely cheaper than selling up and getting a new car.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like Flashpro it is then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts