2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys

Just wondered if people were planning on seeing the Senna movie, which gets its UK release tomorrow???

YouTube - ‪SENNA International Trailer‬‏

Not many places by me are showing it, but I've tracked one down and will be going Sunday night.

I'll be honest, I was never a Senna fan as a kid growing up watching F1 (I was born in '77 so he was very much in the thick of it as I started getting into the sport). At home, it was all Prost and of course good ol' Nigel.

But as the old saying goes, you don't know what you've got till it's gone... and now Senna is gone I realise what an amazing contribution he made to racing. Perhaps not always for the right reasons, but an amazing contribution nevertheless... :worms:

Any thoughts?

Planning on going to watch, or couldn't give a F.F.Fernando...?

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
I may go and watch it but may have to go on my own which will me new for me (not sure the OH will want to go, and not many of my mates are into F1).

I too was just really getting into F1 around that time. Senna was my favourite driver, Williams my favourite team. So his move was a dream come true for me. Until that fateful weekend. First Roland Ratzenberger, then Senna. I can still remember the entire weekend vividly - so tragic. Senna and Mansell wheel to wheel was amazing - we still haven't really seen racing like it since, and maybe we never will.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
will definitely be going to see this at some point...
watched the free dvd with top gear magazine and it's wetted my appetite :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, just got back from the cinema...highly recommended!! The emphasis is very much on his life away from the track but the insight you get into the politics of the sport is truly fascinating. Really is worth seeing

·
<3
2,103 Posts
I quite fancy this.. think I will go and see it soon :D

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the words of Murray Walker..."go, go, go!"

Haha but I'd be quick, there weren't many cinemas showing it by me and those that did were limiting the run to one week, so finishing this Thursday...

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Hmmm.. maybe I wont go see it then! lol

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Want to see it but can't stand cinemas (noise from others, uncomfortable seats etc). Going to wait for it to come out on DVD.
I know what you mean, but I have to say last night you could have heard a pin drop in the cinema - no crunching, slurping, giggling, texting etc. I think for a film like this, it's not one for the casual viewer - you go because you really want to see the film.

Oh and practically nobody left until the credits had finished - another refreshing change from the usual stampede to the exit as soon as the first name appears on the screen..!

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Wow, just got back from the cinema...highly recommended!! The emphasis is very much on his life away from the track but the insight you get into the politics of the sport is truly fascinating. Really is worth seeing
Went last night and totally agree with your comments... The place was packed and apart from the film playing, there was silence, not even the sound of a crisp packet as all were engrossed with the film... Well worth going...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts