2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Anyone had any success getting Honda to respray/touch up paint chips under warranty?

I have an 09 Milano red type r that is beginning to look like i have tried to sand blast the bonnet and have been taking pot shots at most of the panels, I think its fair to say the paint its literally falling off.

Anyone got any ideas on how to prevent and or correct Honda's shoddy paint job??

Ill Post pics if anyone is interested

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't believe Honda will entertain a warranty claim!

As for preventing them - don't drive as close to the car in front should be your first line of defence. That's the approach I've taken - it's worked OK, in two years I've only got a handful of chips and they're probably due to the occassions when I forget and get drawn on the bumper of the car in front.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Rob, As suggested Honda didn't want to know unless the paint was actually flaking off. They also offered to respray the bonnet and wings £2k, I politely declined

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
been a few DrColourchip group buys in the past, I helped with one in the past, have to say the stuff is great. worked for me far better than a touch up pen.
Now's the time to organise another with the grit lorry's spreading there bonnet peppering stuff.

·
Registered
245 Posts
been a few DrColourchip group buys in the past, I helped with one in the past, have to say the stuff is great. worked for me far better than a touch up pen.
Now's the time to organise another with the grit lorry's spreading there bonnet peppering stuff.
can you remember the price?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Not sure you'll get much back from this thread as it's from 2010...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts