2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...some of you may have noticed the site being down for short periods of time recently.

Whilst I have no involvement with the admin side of things, I know this is due to problems at the hosting company, and will hopefully be resolved shortly.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I am working hard at this. It's a fairly common problem (someone on the shared server is doing something every so often that slows or stops the whole job) but the hosting provider is being a bit slow at finding out who the culprit is.

If it does go slow or stop, it's normally only for a couple of minutes.

With luck, this should be resolved by the end of the day! (Famous last words). If it continues, I'll swap hosts.

Once again, apologies.

Pottsy

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Is this PHP Nuke? gotta watch you don't get hacked, my mates have a site that was hacked 3 times so got PHP Sentinal installed and so far has prevented 5 more attempts.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Not sure - the host only provides this info:

Our SuperUltra range of shared servers runs the following software:

Operating system: Slackware Linux v9 (Kernel: 2.4.31)
Webserver: Apache 1.3

Additionally, if you have the CGI/PHP upgrade, you have access to:

PHP 4.3.11
Perl 4.3.11
Python 2.2.2

And if you have the MySQL upgrade, our database system is MySQL v4.0.24.
You can see the downtime here:

downtime.gif

Although the big peaks show success (at 15 secs), this seems to translate into a page that is not returned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you find you need to move hosts and would like some assistance just drop me an email and i'll get some hosting sorted out for you :)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Apologies again for the last one (just after 5pm - I am working on it, though the host seem to have given in.

Latest horrible picture:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Just an update:

The current host is continuing to be hopeless. I have found an alternative host and have set up a copy of the forum, which I'm testing before committing.

In a day or so, we'll make the move (unless a miracle happens and the current host fix the issue).

Pottsy

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
And another update:

All now moved to a new web host. The site may appear as www.civinfo.colonyrpg.com for a few hours (this is normal) but I guess as you're reading this then you've found your way here ok.

If you see any problems with the performance of the site, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Update:

Looks like it's all gone through ok. The site will still swap to colonyrpg when you login for the next couple of days - but once I'm satisfied the DNS has propogated everywhere that'll all stop and it will all be civinfo.com just like before.

Here's a graph of old v new (the big dip in downtime at the changeover wasn't actually that long - it was just me not telling the monitoring software to look at the new location):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Thanks Pottsy, site is running almost instantaneous now, much nicer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts