2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I have noticed this when driving from cold, it only ever happens once a day so did not really bother me.

My vehicle is a 2007 so although it is no longer under warranty, should Honda still fix this free of charge? This is obviously a manufacturing defect so they SHOULD be liable?

What the affects of driving long term with this issue? Could it cause any issues in the future?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Really helpful. Thank you for posting. I'm definitely hearing this on mine...

Yet another issue to report back to the dealer with!

·
more torque than the mrs
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have noticed this when driving from cold, it only ever happens once a day so did not really bother me.

My vehicle is a 2007 so although it is no longer under warranty, should Honda still fix this free of charge? This is obviously a manufacturing defect so they SHOULD be liable?

What the affects of driving long term with this issue? Could it cause any issues in the future?
many live with it ,will not cause any issues.
Really helpful. Thank you for posting.
your welcome.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
good find :)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Seems like its time to go back to the dealer with mine (squeaky/clicking clutch and this squeak from the rear suspension) kinda makes it worth doing, will have to see if they have a 2013 civic as a loaner :)

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
This maybe sound daft but I already had my car in about a month ago with this they done nothing would they have known about this then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This maybe sound daft but I already had my car in about a month ago with this they done nothing would they have known about this then

yes they would of its a service bulletin all the dealers will know about it.its only acted on if the customer complains.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
That's great, thanks for posting the info :D

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Many thanks for this information. It was bothering me for a while. Went to the dealer yesterday. Cost me 18 pounds to have this job done(15 minutes) :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dealer carried this out for me today for no charge. That's the second service bulletin that this site has notified me of that they've done for free... So I suppose fair play to the dealer and big thanks to Civinfo!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
This squeak is more of a rubber sound squeak than a metallic squeak isn't it

1 - 20 of 73 Posts