2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Had this done a number of times on my 09 fn2 and still the problem continues!!rear shocks were replaced under warranty previously and only ever had this prob since replacements

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
mine is out of warranty, can we do it ourself or from local garages. whats that yellow plastic thingy in that bulletin

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
You can buy the kit from honda but they are reluctant to sell it as a one off
It's 18 for the yellow jig and 22 fit the aerosol grease I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
You can buy the kit from honda but they are reluctant to sell it as a one off
It's 18 for the yellow jig and 22 fit the aerosol grease I think

is it cheaper to ask them to do it?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I have this problem, car is still under approved warranty. I think it's worth calling Honda and get it done.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just phoned my local honda garage and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Any ideas what I can say?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I did mine as soon as I got it to the dealership, I was rather sceptical when Honda published it but they know what they're on about!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work for a honda dealer and it should be a free fix regardless of age of vehicle as long as it's within the affected years.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
its great that they want you to pay for there mistakes once the cars warranty runs out same with the rusty roof £40 pound for the dealer to look at the roof then huk want u to pay something towards the repair

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Can I do this myself without the jig ?
I did this myself using WD40 HIGH PERFORMANCE SILICONE LUBRICANT.
Do not use regular WD40 or equivalent because it can damage the seals on the piston. Silicone lubes will not attack the rubber seals.
I used the straw, placing it up the gap between the shock and the cover, giving a conservative 1 sec spray at approx 3 points. Make sure you have a rag around the base of the shock to avoid over spray onto brakes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had this on my Honda civic for a month now and the dealer from which I bought had it had no clue. Took it to another dealer and they were spot on and applied the fix. Seems good now. Sad that dint check it on civinfo earlier. Was wondering whats causing it for quite some time and tried a lot of things including removing the parcel shelf :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I keep meaning to ask something like this. I get one single large knock, like it's breaking a seal, after I wash it, and only after it's been washed, not rain or anything. Haven't really worried about it as thought it might just be sud getting in way or something bizarre. This likely to be it?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
You sure that's not the brakes. Mines does the same after a wash. Just where the pad and caliper stick slightly

21 - 40 of 73 Posts