2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
You sure that's not the brakes. Mines does the same after a wash. Just where the pad and caliper stick slightly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:dito: as I don't have OEM suspension anymore I presume it's the rear calipers squeakin'.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You sure that's not the brakes. Mines does the same after a wash. Just where the pad and caliper stick slightly

I wasn't sure to be honest, it just caught my eye. Not really looking ot go back and forth to the garage with it for them to just turn around and say it doesn't do it when they try. Oh well worth a though :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
7 years old i'd say it's out of warranty, dealer charged me £25 if this helps...

If it's a Honda recall,and you've mentioned the noise, they must fix it for free regardless of age.....as long as your car falls within the recall.
Anyone who has paid for this repair,where your car falls within the recall,should ask for a refund. No excuses.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
If it's a Honda recall,and you've mentioned the noise, they must fix it for free regardless of age.....as long as your car falls within the recall.
Anyone who has paid for this repair,where your car falls within the recall,should ask for a refund. No excuses.
never was a recall ,just a service bulletin...

·
Premium Member
9,595 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Don't know I've only just come across this thread but THANK YOU GUYS. That noise has been annoying me for a month now and was about to disassemble the rear suspension tomorrow.
Saved me a days work and now Honda can do it for me come MOT time in a few months.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
See the noise is it only when your pulling away I've noticed at really low speed I heard a noise so I bounced the boot there's like a rubber squeek when I bounce it from the right hand rear shock thanks

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
See the noise is it only when your pulling away I've noticed at really low speed I heard a noise so I bounced the boot there's like a rubber squeek when I bounce it from the right hand rear shock thanks

Normally only like first thing in the morning after the car's had a chance to settle onto the shocks. When you start moving the shock start moving giving a creak until it's suitably lubed up.

Reactions: brian1912

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Normally only like first thing in the morning after the car's had a chance to settle onto the shocks. When you start moving the shock start moving giving a creak until it's suitably lubed up.
t

Thanks sounds like my shocks went then

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Not necessarily terminal though, the greasing up bulletin is meant to fix the creak by applying more lube basically.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: brian1912

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for this.

I have the exact same issue, and it's going to Honda Swansway Stretford, tomorrow for an A/C service + regas.

I just called Honda, and mentioned this service bulletin, explaining what it was and what is needed to fix it. Mentioned the prices people have paid, as well as the free ones.

Hopefully they will give it a grease up tomorrow. Let's see.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
on my civic i did notice some creeking but its gone away recently. When i jack up my car the back suspension creeks like crazy. Is that normal?
creaking can be the handbrake cable which is probably what you're hearing when jacking it up,sometimes you will hear the same sound when passengers get into the rear of the car...

41 - 60 of 73 Posts