2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have this first thing after sitting, the seller gave me £100 off the price of the car as some mech told them must be the bushes lol. But had already read about this and knew it affected many 8th Gens.

My only Honda dealer in my city is very friendly and helpful, and only being a 5 min walk away am gona contact them and see what they can do. Baring in mind mines is a 2007.

I have been in a few times since getting the car for various parts, the parts guy and mechs are really helpful, always ask me through into the actual store good bunch of guys.

Heres hoping.

·
Super Moderator
1,409 Posts
I had my FN2 done when I bought it 18m ago. Cured it for a long time but now its back, not a permanent fix.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I did nip down, but they played the out of warranty nonsense, old car sort of thing lol.

I will buy some new as well as front and top mounts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What the f***! I replaced my bushings because I thought this noise was coming from them :rolleyes:
I went with polybushes, so at least I got a more steady ride at motorway speeds. Not everything is lost :geek:

Anyone knows where I can get that yellow tool?

·
Super Moderator
1,409 Posts
speak nicely to your local Honda dealer, they might let you borrow it.
you have to use the correct grease or the bushes inside the shock will get damaged.

which brand of polybushes did you use?

·
Registered
60 Posts
speak nicely to your local Honda dealer, they might let you borrow it.
you have to use the correct grease or the bushes inside the shock will get damaged.

which brand of polybushes did you use?
The local Honda dealer closed a year ago. Folks over here tend to prefer german trains and french baguettes. I will talk to a delear who's roughly 30 km away.
I went with Powerflex's on the rear and Strongflex's on the front (anti roll bar and wishbones). Overall it was a good update. Got a way more planted/stable ride at highway speeds and I feel more confident while cornering. It was a good way to improve the car handling, since I don't do lowering springs and coilovers are way out of my budget.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
i wouldn't bother greasing, i would just buy new shocks because of the age of the cars now, the greasing was for when the cars were a lot newer

61 - 73 of 73 Posts