2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken delivery of my new ES. The service sticker says the next service is in March 2010 or 12500 miles.

Im not likely to do the 12.5k mileage so I have to have the car serviced in 10 months time. The pre delivery service was done in March.

Should I go back to the dealer and have a word???

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
My understanding is it is 12 months frm date of first registration - maybe one of the dealers on here could advise what happens in a situation like this.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Your service is due on a 12 monthly or 12,500 mile basis, whatever comes first. If your car was registered last week and you aren't going to do the mileage, then its 12 months from now.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
sure they called me about it one time saying i have a service coming up and i told him when my last service was...same situation as you...the dealer just corrected his records..

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
If the service sticker states March then get it done in March. You don't want to get it done much later and then find you need warranty work which is excluded as you had the car serviced later than recommended!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the service sticker states March then get it done in March. You don't want to get it done much later and then find you need warranty work which is excluded as you had the car serviced later than recommended!
Exactly - Thats why I'm going back to the dealer. They can arrange the service now if they like and then Ill book it in in a years time!:police:

·
Super Moderator
21,028 Posts
As Dan has stated, the first service is due 12 months after registration. If it was registered in May then you can ignore the March sticker.

Once you get the V5 though, check the garage didn't pre-register it from March.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts