2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC EX

I am trying to access the maintenance information on the i-midi. I follow the instruction booklet but only see seat belt information. Any ideas why this option is missing? It does state in the how to use booklet " Not available on all models"

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Moved to 9G (2012 - 2016)

Most UK dealers disabled the service reminder because in the UK it's one year or 12,500 miles (I think), whichever is sooner.

My original dealer was getting owners return after 3 or 4 months with well under 10k on the clock so it was deemed not that reliable.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,403 Posts
If my suspicion is correct, I had this crop up on my old fiesta diesel. A service warning popped up after about 4 months. Reason was that it was activating itself not by mileage but by date, so 12 months after build date it appeared. The dealer just reset it. If this is the same for honda's then the dealers just need to reset it on the pre-delivery inspection. I'm guessing they can't be bothered.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have since found out that they are disabled by dealers on first visit for a service as people were taking cars in for minor parts of the service as soon as warning pops up. Three weeks later another warning pops up. Two weeks later etc etc. Instead of having 4 or 5 things done at once.

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
I have since found out that they are disabled by dealers on first visit for a service as people were taking cars in for minor parts of the service as soon as warning pops up. Three weeks later another warning pops up. Two weeks later etc etc. Instead of having 4 or 5 things done at once.
You mean like I posted 2 posts up ?

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,311 Posts
Why don't people just use their trip B so they know when a service is due?

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,311 Posts
Trip B ?

Just use the odometer:

etc
You get trip A & B on the computer... I've got my trip A so that it automatically Zeros once I've filled up and the Trip B I leave till it gets to the service interval...

Reactions: Red Dwarf

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Similar here

B with fuel and A is for random logging.

In my case though it's every year for servicing given that I rarely break 1,000 miles annualy these days.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,311 Posts
Similar here

B with fuel and A is for random logging.

In my case though it's every year for servicing given that I rarely break 1,000 miles annualy these days.
1K per year is really low, I suppose when you need it you really need it though... Would have thought public transport would be better at that mileage :smile3:

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
That's why I only do 1k a year.

I have a free London wide 24x7 free pass for bus, tube and rail after 09:30

Car is now just for holidays, large shopping items, the tip and emergency trips. Rest of the time it's in the garage under a cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts