2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my car serviced next month, it will be the 2nd year of service (2018) model.
Before I start calling up every Honda garage, do prices still vary between Honda dealers?

What's the best way to go about getting the cheapest price for a service? Generic email and fire out to every local Honda dealer?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Petrol & Hybrid cost - £310*
* £90 additional charge for CVT.

£400 in total for just a service, my old Audi service cost less than that!
That is just day light robbery.....

·
Registered
620 Posts
Quite a few have got the 5 year service plan for £599 but I think it only applies if taken out from new.
You don't have to take it to Honda for servicing so long as you stick to the service schedule

·
i-Vtec
1,704 Posts
As long as its done to Honda specifications then you should be fine. But don't expect Honda to cover a gearbox failure when all you've got for the second service is a stamp in the book and a receipt for a £40 oil and filter change from "Kerbside Kars".
It does seem expensive for what is basically an oil and filter change and an inspection of everything else. I'm guessing at Honda you'd get any software updates and any recall work done, which you wont get at an independent garage. TBH I think its the reason they like to push the Prepaid 3/5 year service plans when you buy a car new, £500 for 3 services doesn't seem so bad when you look at the individual prices.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I think I would of taken out the prepaid plan however I bought my car second hand and I don't remember them offering that to me

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
Depending on your purchase method / future plans, It may be worth giving some consideration to the impact on value of a non-manufacturer service history. Especially in the first 3 ~ 4 Years, it's often a big turn off for buyers, and it won't win you any favours with goodwill warranty bits come the end of the 3 years if you have a non manufacturer service history.

Furthermore, I belive the 12 year corrosion warranty requires an annual inspection by Hodnda - To maintain that, You'd need to book in a seperate inspection.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The first few years are basically oil and filter changes, you got to weigh up a small gain when selling the car with a main dealer service history against a very expensive service. An independent garage can get you oem parts if you wish and you can specify what oil you want. When my service plan finshes I will go to my local garage but I will specify what I want.

·
Registered
620 Posts
What I have done in the past is every 3rd service go to Honda that way you can reduce costs but still have any software updates etc

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Civic is coming up to 13 years old, I wasn't prepared to go main dealer for an "old" car, my local garage that does all my repairs/MOT charged me £120 including labour, parts and VAT. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts