2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does it costs for servicing?

Plus when do you need it?

Where do to take it? Dealers or small independent garages?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
How much does it costs for servicing? - Did you go for the Honda Happiness package? For a one off cost, it covers (from memory) 3 years of sevices. Only available on petrol models. If not, service costs vary - best to phone around your local dealers for quotes

Plus when do you need it? - Petrol: whichever comes first 12,500 or 12 months then 25,000 or 24 months etc
Plus - engine oil each 6,250 miles (or again, 1 year).
plus other minor bits and pieces as you would expect (air filters etc)

major service at 50,000 & 100,000

Where do to take it? Dealers or small independent garages? Always a tough choice! In theory, independants should be cheaper, and (some would say) care more.
But these days, it's often only the big Honda franchises who can afford to stock all the right bits of kit to allow them to do the work properly.
Plus, again in theory, a Civic with a full Honda service history might be worth more than one with a service book stamped by 'J Bloggs & Son'.
This applies to pretty much all new cars, not just Hondas or Civics.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Honda happiness is £500 for the first 5 years or 62,500 miles (whichever comes first).

I am in a dilemma over this because I always change cars every 3 years and the first 3 years servicing is roughly the same price, depending on change dates I may only need 2 services. If I was keeping the car for 5 years then it is definately a bargain.

Maybe the Honda dealers on here could post a service matrix?

That way we could compare our local dealers.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
TT - are you saying it is necessary or advisable to change the oil at 6,250? I never changed mine.
I was just about to start a thread on that very subject! :D

I didn't :)oops:) - I just topped it up as it needed some (around 9K miles from memory)

But I dug out the hadnbook to answer above and noticed it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am about to service my Civic (reg 2002) but missed my last service at whatever mileage it should have been... next one is due at 34,000 miles.

I am a low mileage car user for a 5 year old car.

A I right to say this 34,000 miles service or 5 year service is going to be expensive relative to the other earlier ones?

Here are my questions:

1. Should I take it to Honda Dealer or independent dealer?

2. How much will it costs approximately?

3. Is the 5 year servicing package at 500 pounds still available? Should I go for it?

Many thanks

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I am about to service my Civic (reg 2002) but missed my last service at whatever mileage it should have been... next one is due at 34,000 miles.

I am a low mileage car user for a 5 year old car.

A I right to say this 34,000 miles service or 5 year service is going to be expensive relative to the other earlier ones?

Here are my questions:

1. Should I take it to Honda Dealer or independent dealer?

2. How much will it costs approximately?

3. Is the 5 year servicing package at 500 pounds still available? Should I go for it?

Many thanks
1. Your car will probably be out of warranty - so if you know of a good local garage with Honda experience then I would go there bound to be cheaper

2. Sorry can't help on costs - the forum is really for owners of the new civic 2006 onwards - so you may struggle to get a price on here ( but don't hold me to that)

3. The 5 year servicing package is for the all new civic 2006 onwards

although if you have bought the car second hand from honda I do believe they have a similar service package plan

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
A friend of mine who owns a 1.4 civic with 5500 miles on the clock recently had it serviced at the cost of £199.19. there was no other work done.
I think this is to much what do others think?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I may be wrong - but I believe that the 5 year Honda Happiness deal is only available on new cars - and can only be purchased within the first 8 months after the registration date.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
A friend of mine who owns a 1.4 civic with 5500 miles on the clock recently had it serviced at the cost of £199.19. there was no other work done.
I think this is to much what do others think?
That seems far too much! My 12,500 mile service for 1.8 SE cost me £91.77.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there, just had a quote for 75k service plus MOT on my 57plate 2.2 cdti type s... £430 for the service and MOT is free for having both done there, included in the price is Free courtesy car and free AA break down cover for 12 mounths.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts