2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in need of its first service and I couldn't believe the differences in pricing, I was quoted £110 from the dealer I bought the car from but have lost faith in them after service in the past and had 2 other quotes of £185 and £200, after saying these were a bit steep the first one came down to £135 and the other to £125 which I have booked it in with, but cant believe they try it on and rip us off anyone else had any similar???? Just shows its worth shopping around even with something youd think would be the same across the board :rolleyes:

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
My first Type-r service was around £135

My second service (25,000 miles) for my 06 diesel civic ES was about £260

I got a front fog light that was smashed replaced at the same time and that cost £250

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
I notice you had like me a 2.2 diesel before the type-r.

I sometimes find myself missing the diesels toerque. I find with the type-r that i sometimes dont bother overtaking things as its too much hassle going into 3rd etc....with the diesel you could just floor it in 4th 5th or 6th.

I also remember taking the type-r out for a test drive, compared to the diesel it felt the type-r was wearing lead boots.

I have a different opinion now though........

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you shop around for your prices? Or just go with the supplying dealer?
Its a set time for a service and I know dealers may differ in hourly rate but the difference I found was huge, I could take £10 or £20 but nearly double is taking the P**S

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my EX was my first diesel I was doing the sensible thing but realised after although a good car didnt have the wow factor compared to driving the type R and yes when Im being lazy I dont bother overtaking but then I dont think Im a lazy person so down a couple of gears it goes and WOW ha ha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts