2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting one this - well to me anyway.

Bought my car from Swansway Honda in Stockport last August. Also purchsed the £399 service package which includes 2 MOTs plus a brake fluid and air con service along with 2 scheduled services.

Good value in my book.

But here's the rub - I have 3 dates as to when the car needs servicing.

1) 9th march 2012 - 12 months from last service in the book.

2) July 2012 - this shown on the service agreement.

3) 4th August 2012 - said to me verbally by dealer last week - ie 12 months after purchase of vehicle.

Point 3) is the main one - the dealer said a full service would be carried out pre-delivery. I admit I didn't check the book but the oil was as clear as could be and had obviously been done recently. No entry was made in the service record. When I queried this last week, I was told that ALL CARS had a service pre delivery so I wouldn't need another one until 12 months after purchase - ie 4/8/12.

And yet, today, I recieved a reminder from the dealer offering me a service for £120 and saying my car would soon need a service "according to our records."

What's going on?

Has nayone else had this issue? My main concern is not to invalidate the used car warranty.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Realise I'm talking to myself here but hey.

Double checked with dealership today and spoke to a service manager. Trying to get a definitive reply was next to impossible. Suffice to say I now have 4 service dates!

March 2012
July 2012
August 2012

followed by June 2012 when the MOT is due.

On the used car warranty, he said as long as I have it serviced within the first twelve months, that was fine. He said my plan wouldn't cover me for a service in March as there would not be enough payments on the plan!

Might have to speak to Honda UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.