2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys :)

My car is in need of it's MOT soon and it's been a year since it's last service at Honda. I was a bit disappointed with Honda last time I took it there, they didn't do a fat lot and just seemed to replace the Oil and Oil Filter so I'd rather do it myself.

There's a few things that need replacing and I'm getting them all from Euro Car Parts:
- 4 Litre Castrol Engine Oil (Edge 0W-30 With Titanium FST Fully Synthetic)
- OEM Air Filter
- 4 Denso Spark Plugs
- Bosch Oil Filter
- Mann Pollen Filter
- Some Coolant fluid I have at home, I think it's just Halfords Branded

I just wanted to make sure that this is all ok and I haven't missed anything? Also can anyone point me to some How To's so I can follow guides on here. I've searched around but can't find any for my car?

My car is a Honda Civic 1.4 Type S 2011. Thanks guys :) Any help or advice also would be most appreciated before I do this.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could anyone help me with this I just wanted to double check from someone who has the same car whether or not this is all ok? :)

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
I would stick with genuine honda parts, they are suprisingly quite cheap. I got some Castrol Magnatec 5w 30 for £18, genuine oil filter, pollen filter and air filter for £45 and got my local garage to fit everything for £15 labour. Didn't have to change the spark plugs as they are good for 50,000 miles. This too was a 2011 1.4 Type-S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts