2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. Bought my 57 Type R in November last year, not due a service till November this year.

A new Honda garage has opened here offering half price servicing and the next service for free. Is it worth while getting it serviced early for the offer?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Depends on what mileage you have covered since November, but IMHO, if this service is half price and the next one is free then do it. You can never change the oil too often :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
The service will be half price (free) but whatever they find will cost you £££££

"That's your service carried out Sir but we found your disks and pads need changing as a matter of priority, also you front tires are low on tread. We also found a problem with your exhaust that will only get worse if not seen to soon" yada, yada, yada

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
The service will be half price (free) but whatever they find will cost you £££££

"That's your service carried out Sir but we found your disks and pads need changing as a matter of priority, also you front tires are low on tread. We also found a problem with your exhaust that will only get worse if not seen to soon" yada, yada, yada

Good point, last time I had mine serviced at main dealers they said I needed 4 tyres at £145 each for Bridgestones, naturally I refused and replaced the fronts at a local tyre dealer, the rears still had 3.5mm on them .. grrrr !!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Obviously it's a way for them to get my details.

Think I will risk the bill and get it serviced, even just to get the oil changed. To be fair to the new garage, I've read a few people "experiences" and they've been good.

Thanks again for your thoughts - this is great forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts