2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and Servus Civic-8th gen people!

I bought a Civic 1.4 I-DSI 1 week ago (perfect for Austria, because we pay the insurance after BHP) and there is a speedlimit of 130km/h on the highway...i really love it, the look, the space, the engine, the sound, everything!

First of all i´m looking after parts, like Solarplexius, chrome exhaust triangles, that´s how i found you ;)

But may be you can also answer me some questions?
.) Is it normal that the car vibrates in neutral?
.) The engine temperature on the display stays at the moment at quarter (about 50 Degrees?), Outdoor -3 Degrees, is that normal or should i change the thermostat?
.) Shifting is very hard, does it help to change the oil or is it also normal?

Thank´s!
Thomas

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,239 Posts
Hello and Servus Civic-8th gen people!

I bought a Civic 1.4 I-DSI 1 week ago (perfect for Austria, because we pay the insurance after BHP) and there is a speedlimit of 130km/h on the highway...i really love it, the look, the space, the engine, the sound, everything!

First of all i´m looking after parts, like Solarplexius, chrome exhaust triangles, that´s how i found you ;)

But may be you can also answer me some questions?
.) Is it normal that the car vibrates in neutral?
.) The engine temperature on the display stays at the moment at quarter (about 50 Degrees?), Outdoor -3 Degrees, is that normal or should i change the thermostat?
.) Shifting is very hard, does it help to change the oil or is it also normal?

Thank´s!
Thomas
1. Car may vibrate a bit when very cold but normally no.
2. Temperature gauge goes about 1/3rd of the way up normally.
3. Shifting should not be hard...

What model do you have and what mileage?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank´s guys, very nice!

@nturnb: Sorry i was ill...so i got an 1.4 FK1 with about 110.000km, but all services from Honda and the guy who sold it works for Honda, so i wasn´t really concerned about this things, but may be he didn´t want to spend more money on it?

The car vibrates, warm and cold, when the engine is about 650-700 RPM, but not annoying just unusual from my other cars i had.
Temperatur and shifting i will watch again closer..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts