2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi,

Sorry I did not see your request)). Top one is a simple job. It goes between inlet manifold and EGR. Bottom one requires more effort but nothing difficult.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
The ones I see on eBay are a singular blanking plate, is it more advisable to use the ones like these?

·
Administrator
18,082 Posts
The ones I see on eBay are a singular blanking plate, is it more advisable to use the ones like these?
Yes, the top gasket pictured is a better design as it picks up more mounting bolts on the EGR so will help it to mount squarely/prevent leaks without needing to add a spacer.

The lower gasket blocks off the EGR pipe further upstream and is a nice to have but was a pain to install on my car as the mounting bolt is very long. So long that you have to remove other 'stuff', I forget what.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Yes, the top gasket pictured is a better design as it picks up more mounting bolts on the EGR so will help it to mount squarely/prevent leaks without needing to add a spacer.

The lower gasket blocks off the EGR pipe further upstream and is a nice to have but was a pain to install on my car as the mounting bolt is very long. So long that you have to remove other 'stuff', I forget what.
Many thanks for your reply.
Makes complete sense ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts