2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i finally got my civic! i was trying to set up my HFT today and read the handbook and followed the steps stated however the first step is

- press the voice button (talk to car)
- wait for beep then say 'phone setup'

i have said this in many different ways and the car either ends up saying fan speed or ac on at one point it done something to the sat nav!

any ideas what i could be doing wrong or should i take it to Honda?

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Hi vic.

After pressing the button and hearing the beep, release the button then say phone setup.

Switch the fan off.

Silly question but
Is it a new ? , if so is the system set to English ?

Reactions: vickesh

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
guess i wont be able to use the HFT anyway my nokia n97 isnt compatible but thanks anyway guys

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
guess i wont be able to use the HFT anyway my nokia n97 isnt compatible but thanks anyway guys
Should work... What issues have you got?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
hi i finally got my civic! i was trying to set up my HFT today and read the handbook and followed the steps stated however the first step is

- press the voice button (talk to car)
- wait for beep then say 'phone setup'

i have said this in many different ways and the car either ends up saying fan speed or ac on at one point it done something to the sat nav!

any ideas what i could be doing wrong or should i take it to Honda?
You are pressing the wrong button. Press the phone( the one with the telephone symbol on it) button on the front of the steering wheel not the sat nav/ multi purpose button on the rear of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,
I tried to pair my phone to HFT and it didn't work out. Now the call/voice button don't work at all. No sound after pressing and no TEL text also on the screen. Is it possible to reset it or not, that it would start to work again?
Does anybody had the same problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts