2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted recently that I hit the 70k mark. Well 4k later my pour little 2.2 is sounding like a bag of bolts. Everything is still the same performance wise but its ratling that bad friends are saying whats up whit it when i pull up. But dont worry fellow 2.2 owners its had a hard life. Because of the daft miles I do its missed a couple of services and because of the stupid lease companys rules its gets the service its due not what it missed. So at 74k its never had a major service , yep still running original diesel filters etc. The moral ,service on time and never never by an ex lease car. They are never serviced properly but sold with "full service history" dont beleive it ! How would you drive your car with free fuel and free parts

·
Registered
497 Posts
That's so stupid! Why don't you do the service? Is it still running original oil and air filter? If so I don't believe the performance didn't change at all.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
The moral ,service on time and never never by an ex lease car. They are neveer serviced properly but sold with "full service history" dont beleive it ! How would you drive your car with free fuel and free parts
My car is a lease car and i'd be happy to recommend it to anyone on here looking to buy a 2 year old ex lease. Although it's a lease (well personal contract hire for me) I still treat it as if I had bought it with my own money. All the levels and pressures are checked weekly and it will get a service as soon as it's due, even though i'll be paying for it. My dad says i'll probaby hand it back cleaner than when I picked it up. :D (P.s i'll be happy to post up the reg number and dealer when it is going back).

I say more fool you, or your company for not adhering to the service intervals. My sisters boyfriend runs a 2.2 CDTi as a company car and although he doesn't keep it that clean, it get's what it needs when it needs it and if it's due a service he gets something else to run about in until his comes back.

Expect to receive some charges from the lease company when it goes back to them and they find a list of things wrong with it due to insufficient maintenance. :rolleyes:

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
WHERE'S THE LOVE???

No excuse for driving the car into the grave, even a £99 job at Kwik Fit would be something!!! :boxing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts