2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has seen this before.

I am not sure when this occurred, but for a long time, the whole drivers seat in my 2007 2.2 sport has been at an angle!

I have lived with it for ages, but as my other half wants to learn in the car, I thought I should try and investigate and fix this issue, as it makes for a rather uncomfortable driving position, as no matter how you adjust the seat, it moves and is at an angle- how it got through the MOT like this I will never know!

After taking the seat up today I found this-

imgur: the simple image sharer

I am no mechanic but here goes - the bar across the middle seems to be attached to the ratchet mechanism that raises and lowers the seat. The mechanism is obviously on the right hand side of the seat where the lever is and this bar is what raises the other side up and keeps the seat level.

On my seat the bar has sheared off and as a result, the seat is no longer kept level by this bar.

imgur: the simple image sharer

I am going to attempt to fix this using some liquid metal, although I fear this may not be strong enough.

I have done some extensive googling and I can't find any other people with this issue- maybe I am searching for the wrong things!

Has anyone ever seen this before? It would be great if anyone could shed any light on why this happens or any other fixes. I fear I may need a whole new seat if this doesn't work.

Thanks for reading,

Doug.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I dont think liquid metal will be strong enough, it needs to be welded from what I can see in the pic...
Any garage, small engineering firm or sheet metal shop will be able to do it in a few mins if you take the seat to them.
Has the car been MOT'd since this happened ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh he has. I wonder if they just didn't notice it as if the seat is lowered as far as it will go it doesn't move that much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts