2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Civic for a coupe of weeks now and have now grown quite annoyed to the fact that my car is telling me when to change gear and giving me "eco marks" out of 7*

Anyone know how to retune the system to possible change thing lights to flash at higher revs, or even better not at all?

Thanks,
Callum

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
You can turn the Eco-lights off in the display menu, the earlier cars Eco-lights didn't operate like this, I don't know if you can change them to operate like the earlier model. Have a look in the handbook to see if you can change them, if not turn them off completely.

Smudge :D

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Don`t see what is wrong with them, If you use them to the purpose to which they are intended they can improve your driving and running costs and if you don`t use them then just ignore them but if they annoy you then I don`t think that is the car`s fault, if you see what I mean. ;)

P:S Higher revs means worse economy rather defeating the purpose don`t you think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don`t see what is wrong with them, If you use them to the purpose to which they are intended they can improve your driving and running costs and if you don`t use them then just ignore them but if they annoy you then I don`t think that is the car`s fault, if you see what I mean. ;)

P:S Higher revs means worse economy rather defeating the purpose don`t you think?

I'm not saying its a fault, just something I disagree with. Disagree that I don't have the choice to turn it off.

I know but I go through enough petrol as it is so not too bothered ahah :)

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
This was one thing that slowly bugged me with the Civic, all those flashing lights, speedo flickering and the info disply chopping and changing. It started to be a distraction rather than a help.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
This was one thing that slowly bugged me with the Civic, all those flashing lights, speedo flickering and the info disply chopping and changing. It started to be a distraction rather than a help.
Well my lights don`t flash, my speedo certainly does`nt flicker unless of course you are referring to it indicating the speed which it`s supposed to do clearly and my info display certainly does`nt chop and change by itself except when I use the select button. :confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Well my lights don`t flash, my speedo certainly does`nt flicker unless of course you are referring to it indicating the speed which it`s supposed to do clearly and my info display certainly does`nt chop and change by itself except when I use the select button. :confused::confused:
I found the eco and rev lights coming on and off, the digits of the speedo flashing (as in one of the seven parts turning on and off to make up the number) and the mpg bar moving across to be distracting. I know they can be switched off, but so what. This together with the info on the dash being at different levels requiring refocusing of my eyes I found to be a problem.

Just personal preference.

Why the tune and snotty smilies of your post? Just an observation and not an 'attack' on the views of Civic owners.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I found the eco and rev lights coming on and off, the digits of the speedo flashing (as in one of the seven parts turning on and off to make up the number) and the mpg bar moving across to be distracting. I know they can be switched off, but so what. This together with the info on the dash being at different levels
requiring refocusing of my eyes I found to be a problem.
Just personal preference.

Why the tune and snotty smilies of your post? Just an observation and not an 'attack' on the views of Civic owners.

I am so sorry that you took my comments in totally the wrong way, the smilies indicated my confusion regarding your "problems".

Of course the rev lights only come at much higher revs can be turned off easily and as for the economy lights I for one welcome them because they indicate money being saved which appeals to my nature.Regarding the mpg bar moving across I would respectfully suggest that you try switching to the next screen which gives you a static MPG display or indeed switch to the blank screen which is just that.
Regarding the speedo display which seems to have generally praised for clarity and speed awareness, the purpose of the instrument, I find to be superbly ergonomically designed.

To sum up all I can say that I hope you enjoy your Civic as much as I have been enjoying mine, great car, great forum and great fun

Reactions: para999

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I am so sorry that you took my comments in totally the wrong way, the smilies indicated my confusion regarding your "problems".

Of course the rev lights only come at much higher revs can be turned off easily and as for the economy lights I for one welcome them because they indicate money being saved which appeals to my nature.Regarding the mpg bar moving across I would respectfully suggest that you try switching to the next screen which gives you a static MPG display or indeed switch to the blank screen which is just that.
Regarding the speedo display which seems to have generally praised for clarity and speed awareness, the purpose of the instrument, I find to be superbly ergonomically designed.

To sum up all I can say that I hope you enjoy your Civic as much as I have been enjoying mine, great car, great forum and great fun
Thanks for the reply - previous nightshift and not going to bed, together with Stella doesn't make a great combination!!!

Now have a Peugeot 308 HDi Sport - but it is nigh on the same colour - vivid blue - the best!

·
PSN ID: OneManTagTeam
362 Posts
Is there an option to turn the rev lights next to the Eco lights off? The reason I ask is that since I got my car on Monday, I've never seen them light up...

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Is there an option to turn the rev lights next to the Eco lights off? The reason I ask is that since I got my car on Monday, I've never seen them light up...
Yes - on the display menu - check your manual for how

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
You will only see the rev lights at very high revs. So high that many people have thought that they were not swithched on.

·
PSN ID: OneManTagTeam
362 Posts
I didn't know if the previous owner had turned them off or if they were faulty as they were never lit, that's whyi was checking if there was a switch

·
Registered
17 Posts
They come on much lower in the diesel...

·
Registered
90 Posts
They come on lower in the diesel 'cause the red line is so much lower!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Computer shift lights

They come on lower in the diesel 'cause the red line is so much lower!
an intelligent comment at last

what a load of sad people - nothing better to worry about?

if you are watching the road as you should - the lights should only have a marginal effect on what you see as they are on the periphery of your vision

.... the other thing you could do is set the display dimmer control to low - then it all fades away ...

mmm - looks like I've got sucked in

1 - 20 of 20 Posts