2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the S yesterday, it's awesome, but I guess you guys knew that already!

When I test drove an '11 Si there was a shift up/down indicator beneath the Rev lights. It doesn't appear on my pre facelift (59), nor my Mum's 08 ES.

Is this a facelift addition?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta, Syx. Looked in owner's manual and it's mentioned in it. Looks like I've got a post facelift manual?!

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Your lucky you don't have it the lil arrow drives me crazy!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mentioned to a colleague this morning that it would probably start to annoy me if it was supposed to be there!!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Yeah I'd have to disable it almost immediately if I did have it!!

Your original manual might have been lost so maybe the dealer replaced it with a facelift one?

·
1,264 Posts
I had a look and couldn't find it I could only disable the eco and the rev lights :s

Edit: if it can be done then I'm forever in your debt

Sent from HTC

·
1,264 Posts
I tried turning the eco and rev light off last night and it didn't stop the up and down arrow :/

Sent from HTC

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
You can turn it off in the settings menu, along with the eco lights.
i would love to know how as it annoys the hell out of me!!

What annoys me is when it says shift up when i disagree, so i do it to "prove a point" and it immediately tells me to shift down again :facepalm:

·
1,264 Posts
i would love to know how as it annoys the hell out of me!!

What annoys me is when it says shift up when i disagree, so i do it to "prove a point" and it immediately tells me to shift down again :facepalm:
Exactly! I'm like I don't want to change but it annoys me so much I'm like fine I'll change! It's like a nagging women it just gets to the stage where you do it just to keep it quiet

Sent from HTC

·
1,264 Posts
-_- please find it! Haha

Sent from HTC

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
crap, i was about to run down to cambridge and kiss you....
Yep, definitely not found it :D

Edit: It's annoying me now, I know I've seen an option somewhere, but I guess I must have been mistaken with another car. I've tried the settings, and looked through the manual again, but I cannot find it. I thought maybe disabling the eco indicator, rev indicator, or both together may work, but they seem to be independent of the shift indicator. The only mention of them being off in the manual is a fault with the system. Guess the only solution is a physical one...

·
Super Moderator
3,376 Posts
It doesn't annoy me in the slightest as I spend most of my drive time looking out of the window, not at the dashboard.
But black tape does seem to be an option not to be scoffed at.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts