2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon Folks

Just a quick email to say i had my car detailed professionally. I've had the car for 3 months now and even with hand washing with a lambs wool mitt and special shampoo it had tons of swirls - NOT ANY MORE!

Have a look and if you're in the central belt of scotland i can supply the contact details.

Robbie

Attachments

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Looking good Robbie!! Can I be so rude and ask how much you paid, not that I am interested, Oxfordshire has never been in Scotland, but just to gain an idea of a ball park.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Looks great!
I use a sheeps wool sponge......shouldn't you?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looking good! :)

I'm also pleased to see that I'm not the only one with crap Honda orange peel paint! Only thing that spoils our lovely cars. Poor, soft, orange peel paint. Sort it Honda!!

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,180 Posts
so how are you going to keep it looking like this? every time you wash it you will be putting swirl marks back. how many times can this be done until you go through the top coat?

even the softest of cloths will leave some sort of mark or swirl.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Looks great, now its going to be hard to stop the swirl marks coming back lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, see thats the trick.

It gets "sanded" down with a special paste then a filler to "fill" the swirls and finally several layers of good quality wax to seal.

The swirls will not come back for a while. It's not an exact science but it should be around 1-2 years.

I use a quick detailing spray after a careful wash and dry with the lambs wool mitt. It's been washed several time over the last month and still looks as good as the day it got detailed.

Robbie

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
rhoworth: some questions for you:

1- do you intend to do this every 3 months? if so whats your yearly cost for maintaining that amazing shine.

2-does the paint quality weaken everytime you apply one of these "detailing" treatments whereby in a year or two you'll be looking at a lesser quality shine than at present?

3-what alternatives did you consider before going for the detailing service?

4-Is it the case, that even with the most careful washing and cleaning on your part, the swirl marks after just 3 months were somewhat "inevitable" or unavoidable?

5 - Do you reccomend the service you used? Whats the after care advice they gave you to maintain your gorgeous new shine?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts