2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Last week I noticed my rear right shock absorber was leaking his greasy oil. I rang the dealer today and he would charge € 538 for 2 shock absorbers and about € 85 of labour. Making it a total of € 623, that's about 491 £.

I was stunned! I do not want to pay that much for that. Since I'm pretty handy myself, I want to do the job on my own, the only thing I'm not sure about it what stuff I need to buy. I find a lot of shock absorbers, but I'm not sure what's good and what's not. I'd really like the originals, but not at a cost of € 500. If that's not possible, I'm open to look at other brands too, but which ones?

Can you guys help me out here please?

Thanks in advance!

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Very easy job all you need is a couple of sockets a jack some thread lock for the bottom shock bolts and some elbow grease. You can reuse the original shocks hardware eg bolts and rubber top mounts.The new shocks will come with new top mounting nuts. You will have a few options i would not buy shocks from the dealer you can get the exact same oem sachs shock from a auto parts supplier for 80-100 mark. Camskill also supply a kyb gas adjust for around 80 a piece which i used in mine to replace the sachs shocks.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I know how to replace the shock absorbers, but do you guys have any links to places where I can buy the shock absorbers. I thought my 2008 Civic has MC Pherson's or something like that, but I can't seem to find them...

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Prego! KYB looks like something very decent... Going to check it out where I can buy those...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Koni Sport are twice the price. May be Koni ST (if I remember right) this price level, but I am ??? if money meet goods in this case.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks Prego! KYB looks like something very decent... Going to check it out where I can buy those...
Maybe some dealers in Germany, or France close to you, or online. Very often someone somewhere at another end of EU has twice! better price than a shop next hause to you.
Give a feedback on KYB after you put it on the car, becasue I also keep them in eye. Their rear shocks shall be firmer.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just contacted a car parts website in belgium. They got a lot of stuff. I asked a question but to answer me correctly they need the OEM number... Where can I get that?

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks adsbeau, but those parts are expensive too. They also only mention partnumbers, but I need an OEM number, anybody who can help me out with that?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oem is the part number U need quote then the part number u will be fine
I don't understand... the partnumber for the rear shock absorber from the website adsbeau gave me is PFKL679269, but they don't accept it. The number should contact SMG or something like that i've been told by a friend...

The dealer isn't too keen on giving it to me...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts