2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know I'm not a regular poster on here but I wanted to add something. This was some despicable behaviour and racist language used by a Honda technician at a main dealer (Honda Johnsons Beaconsfield).

I had brought my car in for a service and asked them to hold off new brakes asking for a better price. I waited for their service chap to call me back - I didn't receive a call back. I then called up and the lady said they had already done the work - naturally I was bit annoyed as their service chap said he would call me back on the price. The lady then said she could remove the brakes (which was a silly suggestion). I put it down in my mind as a miscommunication and left it at that. Obviously their technicians didn't get the memo and proceeded to chat about myself and my family in a derogatory manner.

I complained to the dealership and their HR director responded with what was probably the most poorly written letter I have ever read. Exclaiming that their technician was "under a lot of pressure". A poor excuse for such appalling behaviour. I emailed Honda UK and after some to-ing and fro-ing over email last year they didn't want to intervene so I let them know I was going to post the video. I censored the technician's face as I wasn't trying to incriminate him - I just wanted to highlight what goes on behind the scenes at some Honda Dealerships. I was pretty shocked at what was said and hope no-one else has such an experience.

Here you go:

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
While not acceptable I would put it down to work place banter. I hear stuff like this daily. It's not meant as an insult, just the way racially aligned people communicate these days. Poles, Afghans, Iraqi's, Indians all do it too.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
If I was of a foreign race working in the same dealership as that ape I wouldn't be too happy.

While not acceptable I would put it down to work place banter. I hear stuff like this daily. It's not meant as an insult, just the way racially aligned people communicate these days. Poles, Afghans, Iraqi's, Indians all do it too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts