2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a problem and wondered if there was a tweak i could do. I have used iphone 3GS and now iphone 4 with the HFT. The reception for me of incoming calls is superb but others trying to hear me say its awful. Heard a recording and its confirmed, even with all heaters etc off. Is there a way to tweak it? 2 different phones and various people calling me same problem. Also, manual says the microphone is in the roof...any ideas where or is it hidden behind the headlining?

Help!

·
Premium Member
197 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
and to add i am a complete technophobe and would rather pay someone to do something technical. I gave this a go and it worked a treat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So....is the mic in the small plastic housing that also holds the interioir lights (on the rood between the front seats?? Yes technophobe and car idiot is the word for me but all help gratefully received...!

·
Registered
299 Posts
do u have this problem with both the 3gs and the 4. i have BT in my mazda and with my old sony it was perfect. but with my iphone 4 sound quality for me is perfect but everyone complains and usually hangs up becase of interferance from my end. hoping ios 4.1 will resolve the issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iphone 4 with ios4.01 works fine - much better phone than 3GS -but after a process of elimination ie diff phones and diff people calling me its certainly the in car hands free mic thats causing me an issue - one of the main reasons i spent more on this ex model as i do lots of driving for work...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick fiddle with mic (oddly on passenger side of roof console) it seems to have improved reception - full test run on mway to work tomorrow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts