2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post here, hello everybody.
So, I currently have a Mazda 3 2.0 SEL NAV, 2015
I'm thinking I want a Civic 1.5 turbo CVT, not sure what trim level yet, about 1yr old.

I have driven one a few months back, but only pottered around country lanes and didn't go more than 50mph. I need to go out in one again and this time on a motorway type road and give it some welly.

Is there anything I should particularly be aware of or look out for.

Honest John Real MPG says 41.3 whereas my mazda is 43, so it's not poles apart and not to shabby considering it's got another 60bhp.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,353 Posts
YES
Go for the Prestige if finances allow.
I get 50MPG on a long steady run on mine and generally it doesn't drop below 35 on shortish journeys either.

Aircon Whistle
Front parking sensors in the rain
Rattly sun roof
Squeaky brakes
Idle Stop not working properly

I'm sure someone will be able to add a few more. But all of the above are recognised by Honda and have fixes. (some better than others)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Hello and welcome.
I have got a 1.5 CVT Prestige. Bought it the tail end of July. Other than 1 dodgy window seal and 1 dodgy roof panel seal. Both sorted in the same visit. Mine has been faultless so far. I would like to think that if you are looking at getting a year old one, most new car problems should have been sorted.
I wanted heated leather, so it had to be the Prestige for me.
I would like to remind you that most car forums are frequented by the people who are having niggles with their cars, rather than happy bunnies.
In my opinion, the Civic is a belting car for the money we pay for them. Sure it hasn't got the refinements of my next door neighbours Audi A4, but mine was sub £30K, is faster and better looking, whilst his was over £41K. (I checked and always have that knowing smile on my face when I see him)
Keep your eyes open for ex Honda UK cars. They have a fleet of over 1000 cars and regularly auction them off to dealers. Mine was 4 months old with 740 miles on the clock. Got it for £8.5K under list price. Need I say more?
Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is your Mazda an Auto?

I've been through it with mine in terms of 'niggles' and accident damage, but having had several different courtesy cars, and driving other current cars on the market, it still remains ahead of the flock in terms of driving comfort and excellent assistance features. The CVT is superb as well, I prefer it to the german cars DST transmissions - which don't get me wrong, are thoroughly engaging.

I have a Prestige as I wanted leather seats, and the EX trim that also offers leather seats only comes in the 1.0 engine, which just wasn't enough for me.

Idle Stop not working properly
The idle stop won't apply to CVT's as to my knowledge they don't have this feature (thank almighty).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No my Mazda is a manual, 6 speed, but Im getting older and lazy hence the requirement for an Auto.
Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just to echo what @-Pete- says, my 1.5T CVT Civic Prestige has been flawless.

Not one of the issues that has afflicted some owners is present on my car.

Its a completely amazing and lovely car to drive. Everything just - works! And refinement coupled with precision engineering means it outclasses anything German in every aspect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts